NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Isak, Bruno and Botman didn’t really take much time to adapt.

Actually staggering how quickly they all adapted but then again players of that level tend to find a way.

1 minute ago, NSG said:

Meanwhile Isak, Botman and Bruno fit straight in :lol: 

Aye if your good enough your good enough IMO.

Gordon's case he wasnt fit at all, blame that on him, his previous club or what I don't know. but others have come in and slotted in straight away fine.

33 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Edwards naming Kone and Thuram as possible targets, does say them taking time to adapt to English football is potentially putting us off.

Eddie needs to seriously get over this, he obviously prefers we pay the premium for a lesser player with PL experience.

36 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Edwards naming Kone and Thuram as possible targets, does say them taking time to adapt to English football is potentially putting us off.

Wonder what he said about... 13 goals later! 

But to be fair he never did understand the offside rule or that you were not allowed to spit on people so he might have a point lol

1 hour ago, SUPERTOON said:

If Tripps and Wilson are staying, I imagine we won’t be bringing anyone else in. Dreading that inevitable 2 game ban coming for Bruno.

Should sell Bruno too so we can avoid the ban. 

46 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Fuck sake. Utterly sick to death of that.

It's Howe's biggest flaw; this fascination with only signing players from other PL clubs. The most expensive market there is. Being keen on Calvert-Lewin ahead of Isak, being allegedly sceptical about Bruno, allegedly saying no to Paqueta, his comments on Solanke, links to McTominay, Billing, Kelly et al. Smoke and fire.

The top clubs, which we want to become one of, hardly ever shop in the PL market. The fees and wages are over inflated for the level of ability you get. You get quoted £50m for Onana, you'll get quoted between £40m-£60m for Solanke. We got Bruno for £39m. 

1 hour ago, KaKa said:

Can't lie, I'm kind of looking forward to the next evolution of the team.

Think it is absolutely necessary to take the next step. A big part of becoming successful is going to be getting the timing right on moving on from certain players. Necessary evil.

I'm actually hoping the sale of Trippier goes through if we can get close enough to what we paid for him. He's still a cracking footballer but at 33 the only way is down and we need the money so we can buy the next generation. This policy of keeping players as future coaches is sentimental twaddle and it's not going to help us get to the next level.

tbh I more keen on getting a return on Wilson than Tripps.  Goals win games and Wilson is just injured far too often, Tripps for me is still class.

Edited by duo

11 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

It's Howe's biggest flaw; this fascination with only signing players from other PL clubs. The most expensive market there is. Being keen on Calvert-Lewin ahead of Isak, being allegedly sceptical about Bruno, allegedly saying no to Paqueta, his comments on Solanke, links to McTominay, Billing, Kelly et al. Smoke and fire.

The top clubs, which we want to become one of, hardly ever shop in the PL market. The fees and wages are over inflated for the level of ability you get. You get quoted £50m for Onana, you'll get quoted between £40m-£60m for Solanke. We got Bruno for £39m. 

Ah, I see ... so Howe's arm had to be twisted for every foreign player yeah? 

Care to provide any evidence of this? Or are you just choosing to believe what you want?

15 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Well done for making a load of shit up and overreacting to it. :lol:

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Care to provide any evidence of this? Or are you just choosing to believe what you want?

It's mindless agenda driven nonsense.

Aside for Lewis Hall (who could still yet be a good player for us) our identifying talent and getting them has been exemplary.

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

2 minutes ago, STM said:

Well done for making a load of shit up and overreacting to it. :lol:

Screenshot_20240121_145152_TheAthletic.thumb.jpg.380e91cdbedada07be1a435513f098ea.jpg

https://theathletic.com/5216690/2024/01/21/newcastle-transfer-news-trippier-wilson?source=user-shared-article

Screenshot_20240118_222634_TheAthletic.thumb.jpg.2a1fbf2a7b2068808e623cc84c5e4137.jpg

https://theathletic.com/3540281/2022/08/26/alexander-isak-newcastle-transfer-record/

The Bruno and Paqueta thing is from Hope (I know) on a podcast (again, I know) a while back. Can't remember which. 

14 minutes ago, duo said:

tbh I more keen on getting a return on Wilson than Tripps.  Goals win games and Wilson is just injured far too often, Tripps for me is still class.

If it was between Trippier and Wilson so yes Trippier for sure. He dont have these muscles injuries and he dictates our play. Hes basically our playmaker along with Bruno.

Not a chance did we fancy Calvert Lewin in this system over a player like Isak, doesn’t make sense at all. His legs would have fallen off in this press [emoji38]

23 minutes ago, duo said:

I'd happily move Wilson on as well even though I think he's still capable of banging in goals. He's just not available for enough games so again, if we can get a reasonable fee then move him on. The only rider to that is it's not going to be easy buying a replacement.

5 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Screenshot_20240121_145152_TheAthletic.thumb.jpg.380e91cdbedada07be1a435513f098ea.jpg

https://theathletic.com/5216690/2024/01/21/newcastle-transfer-news-trippier-wilson?source=user-shared-article

Screenshot_20240118_222634_TheAthletic.thumb.jpg.2a1fbf2a7b2068808e623cc84c5e4137.jpg

https://theathletic.com/3540281/2022/08/26/alexander-isak-newcastle-transfer-record/

The Bruno and Paqueta thing is from Hope (I know) on a podcast (again, I know) a while back. Can't remember which. 

You can't just extrapolate this across every signing, and claim Howe is 'fascinated with only signing players from other Premier League clubs'.

I imagine targets from all over including the Premier League are drawn up, and the best player is then signed.

If Howe was as rigid on Premier League players as you claim, he would have insisted on them far more firmly.

Go and read back on what he said about Tonali when he signed, and how much he watched him and fell in love with his game.

Howe seems to value the right attitude on the pitch and a certain level of physical capability, regardless of where the player is coming in from.

He clearly does put a lot of emphasis on PL experience, fascinated might not be the right word, but some of you would argue in an empty fucking room :lol:

4 minutes ago, Sean said:

He clearly does put a lot of emphasis on PL experience, fascinated might not be the right word, but some of you would argue in an empty fucking room :lol:

It's being overstated just like your claim we are 'arguing'.