NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

1 minute ago, Cristov said:

Conner Wickham is where it's at

Jozy Altidore is on there as well, we should put together an eleyt ex-mackem strikeforce :lol:

1 hour ago, Matt1892 said:

If we don’t have any money and we wanted a cheap third choice striker we should have offered Southampton Ryan Fraser permanently in exchange for Che Adams, who is out of contract in the summer and would suite our style of play with his pressing and ability to drop deep to link up play.

Nobody takes Fraser even if we were willing to give him away. He still has 18 months left on his big contract. He wouldn't be playing for Southampton if we weren't paying part of his wages.

3 minutes ago, Pata said:

Nobody takes Fraser even if we were willing to give him away. He still has 18 months left on his big contract. He wouldn't be playing for Southampton if we weren't paying part of his wages.

I know bringing him back from his loan would never happen as he fell out with Howe, but he would've been useful to bring on from the bench now.

Just now, Miggys First Goal said:

This has been the most boring transfer window in recent memory, not just for us, but just in general. They need to sort the FFP/PSR shit out before the summer window. 

Anything likely to change, or what’s the talk like? Or even heading towards the UEFA one? 

55 minutes ago, Pata said:

Then we try to come to a settlement with him regarding a percentage of the remaining wages on his contract.

Never seen this thread this low in the thread list a day or so before the window shuts. Absolute honking window this has been for everyone in general.

Glad we've kept hold of Trippier though. Would have been even an even worse January if we didn't.

1 hour ago, nufcjb said:

Never seen this thread this low in the thread list a day or so before the window shuts. Absolute honking window this has been for everyone in general.

Glad we've kept hold of Trippier though. Would have been even an even worse January if we didn't.

I do wonder how close some clubs are sailing to the wind with regards to financial fair play.

I bet there is one or two who needed to sell to balance the books but are now sweating as nobody is buying in this window! 

2 hours ago, toontownman said:

Hugo Ekitike still available and being offered to clubs on 6 month loan...

:bluestar:

Still would.

It's such a big shame his agent carried on the way he did when we were interested, apparently not answering our calls and not being clear on their intentions. All they had to do was just say they were more interested in a move to PSG and not been so dismissive.

I say this because if they had handled that situation more gracefully we would have 100% gone for him now I believe. We seemed to think really highly of him at the time, and he would be ideal as an option upfront and out wide right now, with still a lot of room to grow further as he has a lot of potential.

He's very available for even a loan right now, and I agree it's a move I'd like to see us make, but it would need his reps reaching out and making right on the previous stuff I imagine, but not sure they're smart enough to do so.