NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

17 minutes ago, Krabbe2 said:

Big Joe £30-40m

Miggy £15-20m

Targett £5-10m

Wilson £10-15m

Will certainly give us opportunities to bring in something exciting.

30/40m for Big Joe? I don't care if he's in the last year of his contract...that would be a crime.

I'd genuinely rather keep him for a year than see us let him go THAT cheap.

Personally I don’t see a club paying 40m+ for Joelinton. Lesser clubs probably can’t afford it, not much resale value for them either, or the opportunity to sell on for more. Top clubs will want players that are better on the ball when it comes to passing. Love Joe though. It also would be idiotic to keep him and let him leave on a free.

Edited by Ikon

29 minutes ago, Krabbe2 said:

Big Joe £30-40m

Miggy £15-20m

Targett £5-10m

Wilson £10-15m

Will certainly give us opportunities to bring in something exciting.

Add 10m to each of those and they're might be a discussion. This is no longer 2015

3 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

Add 10m to each of those and they're might be a discussion. This is no longer 2015

Actually think his valuations are pretty fair or even spot on overall. Don’t see us getting much more for them than those values. Our bargaining positions isn’t super strong either when other possible interested clubs will know that we might want rid for various reasons. The players aren’t that young either. They will know that we have to sell to evolve.

Edited by Ikon

5 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Actually think his valuations are pretty fair or even spot on overall. Don’t see us getting much more for them than those values. Our bargaining positions isn’t super strong either when other possible interested clubs will know that we might want rid for various reasons. The players aren’t that young either. They will know that we have to sell to evolve.

Those valuations may seem on the small side, however they’d have a big effect on FFP in a good way, especially the 30-40 million.

18 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

1st comment for the win 

“Yep and by the summer we will have been linked with another 584 players. It’s February, this is all BS”

Bournemouth game coming up too who’d have thunk it? 

clicker click! 

14 minutes ago, Pancrate1892 said:

Is Kelly not a RB? 

Think we need an adventurous LB asap. Robinson would be canny from Fulham 

He’s left footed and plays left back or centre back.  

18 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Tosin has been linked with Spurs and Liverpool, hasn’t he? Guessing the former might not be so interested now after getting Dragusin. 

Yeah, Spurs signing Dragusin probably rules them out and Quansah coming through at Liverpool maybe makes them less likely too.

2 hours ago, gjohnson said:

You think we’d make a profit on Joelinton, Almiron, Wilson and Targett?

I don’t think that Krabbe’s valuations look inaccurate tbh.  Whether it’s better to sell them or not seems like a reasonable conversation - but none of those valuations looks crackers to me. 

44 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Kelly and Tosin on free transfers to add depth to left back/left centre back and right centre back would be incredible business.

I’d be very happy with that outcome simply because we can spend our ‘budget’ on the other key areas of the pitch instead 

I definitely think we need to take a leaf out of Villa's book this summer though. Use the Bosman market and some no-obligation loan deals to pad the numbers out a bit.

In an ideal world these would replace the Dummetts and Ritchies from the squad who've pretty much wasted 2 squad spaces this year, but who you could use and feel comfortable seeing in the team 15-20 games across all comps even if they're not perfect.

Lloyd Kelly and Philip Billing on free transfers would add some decent squad depth tbh. Adding Tosin as well would be a great haul. Toney on top of that, followed by an elite RW whilst shipping Miggy, Longstaff and Wilson from the first team and you're laughing.