NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Just now, nufc123 said:

So Neto has been going out in both matches we have played them. Turning into a no from me. Cant deal with another on off player.

He wouldn’t last with our style either.

Just now, Mikky said:

Yep - all you said is that there were some rumours.

He’s a quality player - there’s plenty of RWs to chose from - I personally think Kubo is the best of the lot 

Kubo - Bakayoko - Cherki - Neto - Olise - (Guy from Lille)

Kubo is not one of the guys I have really watched that much, but he seems to always be spoken highly of and is highly rated, and commercially it would be a big move for sure, like @Whitley mag mentioned.

There's definitely some really interesting players for that right side and so hopefully we get it right.

1 minute ago, nufc123 said:

So Neto has been going out in both matches we have played them. Turning into a no from me. Cant deal with another on off player.

I haven’t looked at his injury record but him and Olise seem very prone to muscular injuries - won’t suit our press 

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Kubo is not one of the guys I have really watched that much, but he seems to always be spoken highly of and is highly rated, and commercially it would be a big move for sure, like @Whitley mag mentioned.

There's definitely some really interesting players for that right side and so hopefully we get it right.

His game is very similar to Messi when he was on the RW - I mean Leo is, Leo,  but the approach is very similar - he has an eye for a pass and for a little guy packs some power in his shots - seems really intelligent in his play 

Neto seems like a mentally weak player too. Absolutely hated it out there today, and didn't get a sniff except the run he made at the very start of the game. Convenient injury for him. Think he'll magically start their next game.

4 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

Imagine how good we're gonna be when we have a team and bench full of top quality players. 

Only signing a quality RW will change our game a lot.

If I was looking at the team today the obvious choices for upgrade in the summer would be Dubravka, Burn, Schar, Longstaff and Murphy.

Very harsh on Schar perhaps as he’s been brilliant, but can’t get away from feeling we need pace at CB to really progress.

We also need a reliable striker to back up Isak next season, hopefully with some wheeling and dealing we can upgrade at least 3 of those positions in summer.

Edited by Whitley mag

Just now, Beth said:

CB, RW and CF are the three must have signings in the summer. How much will we have to spend though?

Douglas some days ago said versatile forward, CM/DM and CB was the big pri. Dont like the versatile forward. Thnk we need a CF + RW.

1 minute ago, nufc123 said:

Douglas some days ago said versatile forward, CM/DM and CB was the big pri. Dont like the versatile forward. Thnk we need a CF + RW.

Ederson, Diomande and Eze would be a decent summer.

19 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

If I was looking at the team today the obvious choices for upgrade in the summer would be Dubravka, Burn, Schar, Longstaff and Murphy.

Very harsh on Schar perhaps as he’s been brilliant, but can’t get away from feeling we need pace at CB to really progress.

We also need a reliable striker to back up Isak next season, hopefully with some wheeling and dealing we can upgrade at least 3 of those positions in summer.

Schar was great today like. I get the point regarding pace but he’ll take some replacing , he’s terrific on the ball.

15 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Ederson, Diomande and Eze would be a decent summer.

Im not that sold on Eze like many others. Not going full Ashley here but hes turning 26 and will cost a fortune.

20 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

If you don't understand what you call someone that writes stories in the media then I really can't help you here. 

Perfect. Thanks.

Fuck me, I actually agree with Whitley Mag. We do need to be thinking about a future without Schar. When time catches up with him we will need someone to step in and that could happen very suddenly.

Half a yard of pace at CB is a killer. You quickly can go from Dan Burn of last year to Dan Burn of this and its brutal.

Schar still has a key role to play but we need to be prepared.

8 hours ago, Fezzle said:

He's not posted an actual rumour tbh, just some meaningless comments that are clearly bullshit

That's an effing rumour man.

3 hours ago, STM said:

Fuck me, I actually agree with Whitley Mag. We do need to be thinking about a future without Schar. When time catches up with him we will need someone to step in and that could happen very suddenly.

Half a yard of pace at CB is a killer. You quickly can go from Dan Burn of last year to Dan Burn of this and its brutal.

Schar still has a key role to play but we need to be prepared.

Considering the number of head injuries that Schar has received in the last two seasons it's a bit of a miracle that he even remembers that he plays for us.  We do need some extra pace at the back, I expect that Lacelles will be the one to move on in the summer with a replacement, either long term or short term, for Schar.

Does anyone still think centre midfield is a priority for the summer? We'll have Tonali back, as well as Joelinton , Willock and Anderson. For me a striker alternative for Wilson should now be the main target, with RW and a Schar understudy next on the list.

3 minutes ago, TRon said:

Does anyone still think centre midfield is a priority for the summer? We'll have Tonali back, as well as Joelinton , Willock and Anderson. For me a striker alternative for Wilson should now be the main target, with RW and a Schar understudy next on the list.

Need some cover for Bruno at the very least, potentially a replacement as well if he leaves in the summer. The left and right-sided slots aren't as much of a priority though, agreed.