NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

4 minutes ago, Parsley said:

Need some cover for Bruno at the very least, potentially a replacement as well if he leaves in the summer. The left and right-sided slots aren't as much of a priority though, agreed. 

I think Bruno will be away this summer as at least one club will be prepared to meet his release clause and offer him a contract far higher than we could ever afford. 

I think his replacement is already at the club in Tonali. Not a like for like replacement but close enough and already taking into account for our ongoing FFP calculations going forward. 

Just now, RobsonsWonderland said:

We lost cabaye and we were devastated because we knew he would not be replaced.

If we lose Bruno it opens a huge door for us with regards to FFP.

Bruno out... Pacetta in ? 

Pacetta is a dessert i need to try. 

I dunno about Paqueta, I imagine we'll shop in europe for the next big thing like with did with bruno with a chunk of his money and maybe buy an experienced defensive mid from a premier league team as a backup. Paqueta will cost more than Bruno did and isn't as good, and his wages will be a fair amount. I think we'll still be going for value buys like Bruno was for FFP maximisation we can eventually sell on.

I think the summer window priorities are quite clear. There needs to be a lot of movement.

We need to sign a CB, CM, RW and 2 x strikers. 

We need to shift Ritchie, Dummett, Lewis, Hendrick, Fraser etc and probably one player for decent money. Hopefully that’ll be Miggy or Murphy.

34 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

If Bruno is off (please don't let it be so) still need a really high quality CM in to replace as much as Tonali will be here. 

Think another CM is needed as a priority irrespective of whether Bruno goes or not. 

I think people are also forgetting, this summer sees the Willock transfer and the first post takeover window losses, fall off in terms of ffp too. So we really might not have to sell one of our better players, moving on the likes of Miggy, Target, Lascelles etc might give us a good bit of wiggle room financially.

20 minutes ago, NSG said:

I think the summer window priorities are quite clear. There needs to be a lot of movement.

We need to shift Ritchie, Dummett, Lewis, Hendrick, Fraser etc and probably one player for decent money. Hopefully that’ll be Miggy or Murphy.

It would be great if you and others who constantly say we "need" this and that, to clarify what that actually means. We need it in order to achieve what? 

Just now, Conjo said:

It would be great if you and others who constantly say we "need" this and that, to clarify what that actually means. We need it in order to achieve what? 

We need it to have sufficient quality of depth in every position (ie two players of top 8 quality), plus a third striker. 

1 hour ago, Alberto2005 said:

Neto.

This season has given me an irrational fear of signing any player who has had an injury record like his. Especially in such a short space of time and at such a young age. He's missed 98 games in the last 5 seasons according to Transfermarkt. That's a ridiculous amount 

Edited by Mazzy

If we're going to keep gunning for the top six then we need, in order of priority:

Critical

Fresh competition for Isak

Desirable

Cover for Schar and Botman

Cover for Bruno

An upgrade at right-wing

If possible

New left-back

More tactically-suited cover for Pope 

The last three are dependent on outgoings. If we can cash-in on Almiron or Murphy, then now's the time, and they move on with a lot of love and thanks. If Dubs wants to be first choice somewhere; again, good luck to him. Left-back... we've got three in Burn, Targett and Hall so I'm not sure we see more recruitment there but it would be ideal if so. Burn won't have played at CB for two years by the time next season arrives. 

3 minutes ago, NSG said:

We need it to have sufficient quality of depth in every position (ie two players of top 8 quality), plus a third striker. 

In order to compete for the league title, a CL, EL, EC spot?

I don't see us having 3 first team strikers on the books no matter what competitions we play next season. Not with Gordon capable of stepping in as a third choice. Unless we are able to sell Wilson in the summer I can't see us getting another striker full stop but agree it would be naive unless we're better at rotating them (and use Gordon rather than having one of Wilson or Isak playing 90+ minutes if the other is injured).

With Tonali coming back from suspension I don't see us getting another midfielder either unless we sell first.

I'd like us to challenge for a CL spot next season. Realistically with FFP and all that I'd like to see us:

Buy a young big talent good enough to play now to rotate/cover/learn from Schar, preferrably quick.

Try to sell Almiron or Murphy and get a top class RW in.

A top class left back (or wide CB type like Burn - but a clear upgrade).

Other than that, depending on outgoings, that we manage to replace them with better quality.

2 hours ago, Alberto2005 said:

Joelinton and Willock are prone to injury, I'd like to see at least 1 midfielder come in.

I wouldn't describe Joelinton as prone to injury, prior to his recent layoff he's usually played the majority of games in his time here hasn't he?

44 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

If we're going to keep gunning for the top six then we need, in order of priority:

Critical

Desirable

Cover for Bruno

An upgrade at right-wing

If possible

New left-back

The last three are dependent on outgoings. If we can cash-in on Almiron or Murphy, then now's the time, and they move on with a lot of love and thanks. If Dubs wants to be first choice somewhere; again, good luck to him. Left-back... we've got three in Burn, Targett and Hall so I'm not sure we see more recruitment there but it would be ideal if so. Burn won't have played at CB for two years by the time next season arrives. 

I’d say a new RW is critical personally, Miggy/Murphy no where near good enough

45 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Critical

Desirable

Cover for Bruno

An upgrade at right-wing

If possible

New left-back

I'd say a new left back is critical. It's clear that Tino isn't going to be preferred over Burn and I think we all agree that Targett and Hall aren't seen as the answer.

At any opportunity our club has to sign a quality left back, we should grasp it with both hands IMO.

Going into next season with Burn at left back would be a huge error and I like the big fella.

43 minutes ago, Conjo said:

In order to compete for the league title, a CL, EL, EC spot?

I don't see us having 3 first team strikers on the books no matter what competitions we play next season. Not with Gordon capable of stepping in as a third choice. Unless we are able to sell Wilson in the summer I can't see us getting another striker full stop but agree it would be naive unless we're better at rotating them (and use Gordon rather than having one of Wilson or Isak playing 90+ minutes if the other is injured).

With Tonali coming back from suspension I don't see us getting another midfielder either unless we sell first.

I'd like us to challenge for a CL spot next season. Realistically with FFP and all that I'd like to see us:

Buy a young big talent good enough to play now to rotate/cover/learn from Schar, preferrably quick.

Try to sell Almiron or Murphy and get a top class RW in.

A top class left back (or wide CB type like Burn - but a clear upgrade).

Other than that, depending on outgoings, that we manage to replace them with better quality.

You are talking about like there is no chance of a striker but are opting for a top class LB? We have Burn, Targett, Hall, Livramento can play there. Its four options.

3 minutes ago, NWMag said:

I’d say a new RW is critical personally, Miggy/Murphy no where near good enough

I will lose faith in the board if they dont bring in a quality RW. Like serious.

1 hour ago, NSG said:

Don’t think we need two strikers unless Wilson leaves. I’d spend the money on one good one (sesko).

I wouldn’t bring in another midfielder unless one of Anderson, Longstaff or Miley either leaves or goes out on loan.

We need to find out what is going to happen with Lewis Hall. If he’s staying and we plan to develop him then Fine, but otherwise we need another left back.

Edited by Rafalove

3 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

You are talking about like there is no chance of a striker but are opting for a top class LB? We have Burn, Targett, Hall, Livramento can play there. Its four options.

We don't know if Hall will be here next season. Livramento is a right back. Targett has been injured for a year.