NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Smith Rowe had a worse injury record than Wilson. Good player when fit though.

He’s looked like the real deal at times, but surprised at links. Can’t really see how he fits our profile (except on days missed!) or what we need. 

Not convinced that Smith Rowe has the physical profile to consistently perform in our system, fitness record a big issue also.

Edited by Nine

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Nobody with a bad fitness record should be considered IMO. 

Aye, we need to avoid injury players like the prone. We need players who can contribute week in week out, this season has really shown we can’t afford passengers. 

4 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Nobody with a bad fitness record should be considered IMO. 

This has become critical. Anyone with major recurring muscle injuries or hamstring issues needs to be passed over 

5 minutes ago, gbandit said:

This has become critical. Anyone with major recurring muscle injuries or hamstring issues needs to be passed over 

100% would not touch ESR unless its a loan with option.

I don’t think Smith Rowe would get in our starting eleven if everyone was fit, we are at the stage now where we need quality and not quantity, especially from someone who will be 24 going in to next season.

1 minute ago, Matt1892 said:

I don’t think Smith Rowe would get in our starting eleven if everyone was fit, we are at the stage now where we need quality and not quantity, especially from someone who will be 24 going in to next season.

If he's fit and in form he starts for us. No doubt. Don't want us to sign him though.

1 minute ago, Ikon said:

If he's fit and in form he starts for us. No doubt. Don't want us to sign him though.

He's a LW, so you'd have him over Gordon?

1 hour ago, LFEE said:

Ederson I can understand, we seem to want another CM and need to consider someone coming in last-minute and paying Bruno's release clause. We don't want to be caught short.

ESR makes no sense, a right-footed left winger with a shocking injury record. And we aren't spending the money it would cost for Toney or Solanke when we already have Isak. 

Just now, Ikon said:

I don’t think he starts over Willock or Joelinton.

ESR wouldn't start ahead of a fit Joe combo or Gordon. Non-starter due to injuries this, shame as he has bags of talent and Barnes-esque finishing ability but his career is likely to fizzle out.

Just now, STM said:

He's a LW, so you'd have him over Gordon?

He can also play on the left of a three or as a 10. For the LW i would prefer Gordon if we play against opposition where there will be lots of transitions. If we play against teams with a low block then i'd prefer an in form ESR. 

5 minutes ago, Ikon said:

He can also play on the left of a three or as a 10. For the LW i would prefer Gordon if we play against opposition where there will be lots of transitions. If we play against teams with a low block then i'd prefer an in form ESR. 

when you say in form do you mean the ESR of 2001/22? As I don’t think that player exists any more, which is why Arsenal are happy to sell him.

4 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

when you say in form do you mean the ESR of 2001/22? As I don’t think that player exists any more, which is why Arsenal are happy to sell him.

I have no idea what season he played a lot. I was speaking purely out of talent/quality. When he played a lot and was good he would definitely start for us. No idea if he can recover that with playing time. I wouldn't go for him anyway.

36 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

We've got enough options at LW. Since the takeover we've spent:

£60m at LB assuming Hall signs

£35m at CB

£45m at RB

£90m at CM

£80m at LW

£0m at RW

£60m at ST (not counting Wood)

We don't need to spend any more money at LW.

We're pretty fortunate to have gotten where we are with a single investment at CB.

1 hour ago, Kanji said:

Toney and Solanke ain’t sitting the bench for Isak.

Remember the end of last season the fucking havoc we were able to unleash on teams using Isak and Wilson together for the last half hour of games?

It adds so much to us having the ability to do that.

Our style of play means we're always gonna need to use a healthy amount of rotation, particularly with the front three. So one of Isak or (for example) Toney being on the bench at the start of games isn't unrealistic IMO.

I'd also be of the opinion that Isak and a #9 could be used from the start in a lot of games. I know it wasn't particularly effective when tried last season but Howe showed he was willing to try Isak on the left with Wilson central. With the right midfield in place I still think it could very much be an option for us.

Think there'd be more than enough minutes for Isak and a top CF. And that's in the best case scenario where everyone stays fit.

1 minute ago, Shak said:

Remember the end of last season the fucking havoc we were able to unleash on teams using Isak and Wilson together for the last half hour of games?

It adds so much to us having the ability to do that.

Our style of play means we're always gonna need to use a healthy amount of rotation, particularly with the front three. So one of Isak or (for example) Toney being on the bench at the start of games isn't unrealistic IMO.

I'd also be of the opinion that Isak and a #9 could be used from the start in a lot of games. I know it wasn't particularly effective when tried last season but Howe showed he was willing to try Isak on the left with Wilson central. With the right midfield in place I still think it could very much be an option for us.

Think there'd be more than enough minutes for Isak and a top CF. And that's in the best case scenario where everyone stays fit.

I dont disagree, just think you could unearth somebody from abroad for far less.

Seriously rate Toney, think he has similar qualities to Kane, and like Kane is more than just a 9, though I just can't see us going for him because age/attitude/price etc 

2 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if we did want a physical centre forward to replace Wilson, love Isak but can look lightweight in certain games when service isn’t right.

Maybe just sort out the service then.