NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

I don’t think we’re going to have much money in the summer compared to previous windows. Some of the signings mentioned here would be club records.

If we have a similar budget of 100m plus player sales I cannot see us spunking 60 to 80m on Toney especially as even if Wilson goes its likely to be sub 20m for him especially after this season it's more likely around 10/12m 

Is there just fewer right-wingers out there, or something? Most players are right-footed and most wingers are inverted so the pool for the opposite flank is a lot smaller? 

28 minutes ago, Shak said:

Remember the end of last season the fucking havoc we were able to unleash on teams using Isak and Wilson together for the last half hour of games?

It adds so much to us having the ability to do that.

Our style of play means we're always gonna need to use a healthy amount of rotation, particularly with the front three. So one of Isak or (for example) Toney being on the bench at the start of games isn't unrealistic IMO.

I'd also be of the opinion that Isak and a #9 could be used from the start in a lot of games. I know it wasn't particularly effective when tried last season but Howe showed he was willing to try Isak on the left with Wilson central. With the right midfield in place I still think it could very much be an option for us.

Think there'd be more than enough minutes for Isak and a top CF. And that's in the best case scenario where everyone stays fit.

We could certainly use another quality CF but we aren't going to spend £60m+ on a 26/27 y/o CF when there are more pressing needs and FFP to consider. 

5 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

Not really.  We should have 1 primary striker, an understudy and a versatile player. 

Arsenal have 1 striker, an understudy and a couple versatile options at 9. 

Spurs have a main striker who often plays on the wing. And a backup striker. 

City have a main striker. A versatile backup striker. 

Villa have a main striker and a backup striker. 

Only Liverpool have a number of striker options. And their manager actually rotates and makes proactive subs. 

Isak needs to be available for 80% of matches.  He needs an understudy be that Wilson or someone else and then Gordon as 3rd choice. If he can’t be fit 80% of the time, let’s cash in and get someone that can. I love him but he needs to be more robust. We can’t carry a £60m player who misses 50% of games. We’ll get our money back, probably a profit which will fund an excellent replacement. 

Id rather invest in RW, CB, LB and another CM/RW before spending £30m+ on a Wilson replacement 

I understand the point that if our main striker is not available for 75% of our games, given the fee and the likely wages it isn't an investment that's adequately paying off.

However, I think Isak is such a rare breed of player that it's worth persevering with him and/or changing his role so he doesn't knacker himself chasing the ball as it's played between the opposite back 5.

From an attacking perspective I think the idea of Gordon and a quality RWF popping up in No. 10 or CF positions and allowing Isak to drift around a little bit would bring out the best in him. 

3 minutes ago, Lotus said:

I understand the point that if our main striker is not available for 75% of our games, given the fee and the likely wages it isn't an investment that's adequately paying off.

However, I think Isak is such a rare breed of player that it's worth persevering with him and/or changing his role so he doesn't knacker himself chasing the ball as it's played between the opposite back 5.

From an attacking perspective I think the idea of Gordon and a quality RWF popping up in No. 10 or CF positions and allowing Isak to drift around a little bit would bring out the best in him. 

I agree. We need to adapt to him, and he needs to adapt to EH's system. That's the only solution. If we can't do it, he needs to be sold. As buying a Solanke or Toney to play with Isak or to sit on the bench just isn't financially viable for us.

As I've repeated. Only Liverpool have 2 quality 9's in their squad. They have the budget to afford that.

If we sell Wilson. His replacement will be likely of a max. fee and current ability of a Nicholas Jackson.

I'd sell Wilson & Murphy and get 2 RW's.. one of which can play upfront if needed similar to what Gordon does.

4 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I agree. We need to adapt to him, and he needs to adapt to EH's system. That's the only solution. If we can't do it, he needs to be sold. As buying a Solanke or Toney to play with Isak or to sit on the bench just isn't financially viable for us.

As I've repeated. Only Liverpool have 2 quality 9's in their squad. They have the budget to afford that.

If we sell Wilson. His replacement will be likely of a max. fee and current ability of a Nicholas Jackson.

I'd sell Wilson & Murphy and get 2 RW's.. one of which can play upfront if needed similar to what Gordon does.

Ain't a half bad shout, that last bit. But I'd do Wilson and Miggy. 

9 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I'd personally keep Wilson mind. His injury woes are manageable as a #2. He should only start 1 in 3 or 4 games. The #1 having such bad injury problems is the bigger issue.

The opposite in my opinion. You need your back up to be available as often as possible for when something does happen to number 1.

10 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I'd personally keep Wilson mind. His injury woes are manageable as a #2. He should only start 1 in 3 or 4 games. The #1 having such bad injury problems is the bigger issue.

Even when Wilson is fit though he's offering us very little these days.

He's got no pace and his hold up play isn't great

5 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

The opposite in my opinion. You need your back up to be available as often as possible for when something does happen to number 1.

Fair opinion. He mostly gets injured in-match. And recently he's been getting injured when he's overplayed or clearly fatigued. That shouldn't happen to a back-up.

12 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Fair opinion. He mostly gets injured in-match. And recently he's been getting injured when he's overplayed or clearly fatigued. That shouldn't happen to a back-up.

problem with Wilson, is when he's called upon, he gets hurt. Every fucking time. 

Cant trust Wilson anymore. End of story. Isak is a little bit different. He didnt have much injury problems before he joined us. So he may come good. 

10 minutes ago, Kanji said:

problem with Wilson, is when he's called upon, he gets hurt. Every fucking time. 

He's getting hurt because we are calling on him too often IMO. He shouldn't have been on the pitch the last injury and the injury before.

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

He's getting hurt because we are calling on him too often IMO. He shouldn't have been on the pitch the last injury and the injury before.

The guy came back from a calf injury and immediately pulled his pec. He’s made out of playdough from head to toe.

Noticed the other day how many good PL players have come up from the Championship - Watkins, Bowen, Toney, Grealish, Stones, Mbeumo, Eze, Olise, Maddison.

That Alex Scott at Bournemouth looks really promising too.

Who are the best players down there right now*?

* except Jewde Bellend

2 minutes ago, Ketsbaia said:

Noticed the other day how many good PL players have come up from the Championship - Watkins, Bowen, Toney, Grealish, Stones, Mbeumo, Eze, Olise, Maddison.

That Alex Scott at Bournemouth looks really promising too.

Who are the best players down there right now*?

* except Jewde Bellend

Two that we’ve been linked with are Whittaker at Plymouth and Rowe at Norwich.

Haven’t really seen enough of either to make a proper judgement, but Whittaker especially is putting up very good numbers in an average team.

I think he’d take a deal in KSA too. He must know that his body is close to giving up on him, take a lucrative deal

in a league that demands less of him 

People are being really harsh on Wilson and also underestimating how difficult / expensive it might be to replace his goals. We ran him into the ground on two separate occasions this season, and now a freak upper body injury is the last straw.

7 minutes ago, gbandit said:

I think he’d take a deal in KSA too. He must know that his body is close to giving up on him, take a lucrative deal

in a league that demands less of him 

I’m not so sure. It’s took 3 years for his family to move up here, and he was apparently finding it a problem being away from them.

I would doubt they would go to Saudi with him.

One of Wilson or Isak needs replaced because the former is a crock and the latter is his fucking apprentice.

If out of the pair you want to let Isak go and not Wilson, I'd assume that you been in a serious car accident and hurt your head.

Sign a good striker, with a half decent injury record and it will do wonders for everyone, including Isak. It doesn't matter whether they are old or young, it doesn't even matter what type of striker they are because we create chances, it just matters that they are of a good standard and are available.... Isak will do the rest.