NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Was Elliot playing in Krul’s absence when he was injured? Don’t remember him taking over as number one. But I do remember him playing a lot more often than he should have been. He was crap. 

Edited by Lush Vlad

5 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

A keeper whose dislocated his shoulder is probably as important an area to replace as there is?

Krul declined massively after he did his. The way we set up changes massively when Pope doesn't play.

I don't think Pope had been great himself since his red card. 

I'd do it. 

This isn’t the first time Pope has dislocated his shoulder. 

Considering the FFP limitations we should probably give Pope a chance to prove himself. 

1 hour ago, Zero said:

When you see it’s 69m you know it’s a pile of bullshit made up by the press/agents

It's his release clause

8 hours ago, BonesJones said:

Would love it, but seems like the wrong area to be spending what it would cost to get him.

Agreed, although we don’t necessarily seem to sign what positions most think we need, more if a top target is available we will move.

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Agreed, although we don’t necessarily seem to sign what positions most think we need, more if a top target is available we will move.

I think with keepers you have to strike when they are available. Look at how long Ederson and Allison have solved that position for Liverpool and City. It’s why Arsenal got Raya even though many thought they didn’t need him. 

14 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

This and I think we'll see this for 2-3 more years yet. We did it with Tino. The keeper we might earmark as the long term number 1 becomes available, we'll go and get him. 

18 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Similar to Livramento - we didn't need a RB last summer but if we think he's ultimately going to be our RB the long term then we might as well get him when he's available.

Hope: “What do you do with your spare time?”

Gordon: “Racking up the hours as a lurker on N-O actually. I like the Anthony Gordon thread after I score a goal. I also like the Reverse Sheep thread in General Chat. Shout out to Mike for his recent win after some dubious performances”

1 hour ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Didn't Rafa sign Sels to replace Krul [emoji38]

I think Rafa was desperate to avoid a scenario where we ended up with Jak Alnwick in goal like we did in the relegation season.

I think we had Sels, Elliot, Darlow and possibly even Woodman in the squad for the Championship 

6 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Woodman’s done very well at Preston right? Good on the lad 

Yeah, first choice there this season and last. Was the keeper in that mad run at the beginning of last season when they had seven clean sheets in a row... and one goal scored. :lol:

11 minutes ago, toon25 said:

Alnwick was absolutely shite

Did he keep a clean sheet on his debut when we beat Chelsea 😂 was not a sign of things to come, he was shocking.

53 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Did he keep a clean sheet on his debut when we beat Chelsea 😂 was not a sign of things to come, he was shocking.

Aye. Made a couple of good saves which masked the fact he flapped at virtually everything that came into the box. He played a further 7 games that season, conceding 18.

2 hours ago, gbandit said:

The only memorable thing for me about Elliot was his chat with TheGuv in that bar 

Tbf he had one brilliant game away at Bournemouth and made one incredible save at home to the mackems (irrelevant really as in one of the 0-3 games).

But that was generally the sum of his decent contributions.

Not sure where I sit on Pedro Neto. Would he be a massive improvement, yes. His age and technical ability are things that would work very well for us for years to come. I don’t see his value deteriorating that much over four years. However, it’s a huge fee and who the fuck knows what we’ve got to play with given the regulations. If signing him means that other key targets have to be put on hold then I’d probably prefer to go for an alternative outside of the PL that’s cheaper. I’d say RW is the most important position this summer though