NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

29 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Not sure where I sit on Pedro Neto. Would he be a massive improvement, yes. His age and technical ability are things that would work very well for us for years to come. I don’t see his value deteriorating that much over four years. However, it’s a huge fee and who the fuck knows what we’ve got to play with given the regulations. If signing him means that other key targets have to be put on hold then I’d probably prefer to go for an alternative outside of the PL that’s cheaper. I’d say RW is the most important position this summer though 

In my view we have to replace Miggy and Wilson in the summer - so a RW and CF signing a paramount. 

What’s the most we could get? 35m?

So say we buy a J David for 30m (will be entering his final year) most likely we could spend 40m on a RW

Key to the summer window is selling Longstaff imo - will open up everything for us 

Neto is insane, only caveat is his injuries, I don't follow him close but feel like the last couple have been muscle injuries? So could be down to him being injury prone, rather than occurring from a tackle etc

3 minutes ago, janpawel said:

Neto is insane, only caveat is his injuries, I don't follow him close but feel like the last couple have been muscle injuries? So could be down to him being injury prone, rather than occurring from a tackle etc

Putting him in a high intensity team isn’t going to do his muscles any good

my number 1 choice is Kubo

image.thumb.png.b849dfa7ed6957e2cb131ef6a461a09b.png

Clearly didn't have the mental strength to play through adversity, a Burn who had full control and shitty weather against us so threw in the towel at HT. Not shocked at all he is magically fit again for this weekend.

Edited by Conjo

8 minutes ago, Mikky said:

Putting him in a high intensity team isn’t going to do his muscles any good

my number 1 choice is Kubo

With better players I'm not sure we'd be as high intensity as we have been. I'm sure Eddie mentioned last season about becoming more possession based, Injuries and suspension have delayed that plan this season.

Edited by madras

36 minutes ago, Mikky said:

Key to the summer window is selling Longstaff imo - will open up everything for us 

Could be an issue if we qualify for Europe again, we are low on homegrown players as it is.

1 hour ago, joeyt said:

Thought we were shopping in Waitrose these days not Neto

We've got the money to shop in Harrods, but the new rules say we have to visit food banks let as its 'not fair' to have riff raff such as ourselves frequenting such markets

Do we think João Paulinha from Fulham would be realistic?

I know he was linked with Bayern last summer but they may not want him this summer. Guess he could have an unbelievable Euros too

5 minutes ago, joeyt said:

I know he was linked with Bayern last summer but they may not want him this summer. Guess he could have an unbelievable Euros too

Probably not, even if just because of his age is at odds with what we usually go for.

Hope we stay away. Great player, but not reliable fitness wise and for the outlay, we need top end players that are there every game in same way Saka/Salah etc have been over the years. 

Yeah. Really like Neto. But that’s the second hamstring injury this season. Assuming it’s the same one and all. I think he missed plenty of time last season injured and I think he did his ACL a year or two before. 

That’s a lot of bad injuries for a 23 year old. 

Think and hope we steer well clear. 

3 minutes ago, Sibierski said:

Hope we stay away. Great player, but not reliable fitness wise and for the outlay, we need top end players that are there every game in same way Saka/Salah etc have been over the years. 

If we could just find a right footed version of Gordon…….

The ACL isn’t worrying but hamstrings that keep going are a bit of a disaster. Especially for a player who is partly defined by running the length of the pitch in bursting runs 

Edited by gbandit

11 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Neto's hamstring gone

Are Wolves fans fuming about him being ‘brought back too soon’?

2 minutes ago, Joelinton7 said:

His hamstrings are literally made of Findus crispy pancakes, don’t go anywhere near him. 

Tbf he’s never had a hamstring injury in his career until the game at home to us earlier this season.

It's a weird one with Neto. Whenever I watch him I feel like he could legitimately be one of the best players in europe if he could stay fit. His injury record is probably the only reason we'd have a realistic chance of signing him without being in the CL next year, but it's also obviously something we've been burned badly by this season. I'd still be tempted to take a punt tbh. 

6 hours ago, GeordieDazzler said:

I think with keepers you have to strike when they are available. Look at how long Ederson and Allison have solved that position for Liverpool and City. It’s why Arsenal got Raya even though many thought they didn’t need him. 

They all signed the goalkeeper that they were desperate for.  And paid the premium for them. 

Raya had 1 year left on his contract. They could’ve waited and got him for free. But they thought he would be a significant upgrade and the difference so they got him. 

1 hour ago, joeyt said:

I’m not convinced we want that style of player. 

6 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

They all signed the goalkeeper that they were desperate for.  And paid the premium for them. 

Raya had 1 year left on his contract. They could’ve waited and got him for free. But they thought he would be a significant upgrade and the difference so they got him. 

Raya is on loan at Arsenal