NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

How about looking it as Lascelles or Burn being an emergency 6 month signing in August to keep us tiding over to Botman coming back?

Got no faith in Burn as a CB partnership with either Schar or Lascelles. Lascelles is capable of a good game here and there. Could be a lot of damage in those 6 months.

31 minutes ago, SteV said:

Be absolutely staggered if he doesn’t sign a new contract with them.

And even if he doesn’t, I doubt a player who ran at the first opportunity will be returning here. :lol:

7 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

And even if he doesn’t, I doubt a player who ran at the first opportunity will be returning here. :lol:

True - different times and all. I was sad when he left, but I understood it. There was no compelling reason for him to stay with us, we were a club going nowhere at that time.

I’d take him back in an instant as I always believed in his ability, but I think we need to look at players with greater recovery power 

Player like Merino would be ideal. Don’t need a midfielder that can get around winning tackles, need one that can take it off the defence/receive deep, be press resistant and play that forward pass. 

Bruno is that, but he’s so good in final third, I want him operating there more often, plus our weakness is simply not being good with the ball in midfield because it all falls on Bruno. 

Merino is apparently a big headed arrogant cnut. A lot of the Real Soc fans haven't taken to him for perceived attitude problems.

Once bitten, twice shy...

Watched him a good few times this season, and he's still quite raw and inconsistent, so would make sense as a secondary option initially.

Also a lot less convinced there will be much competition for him from any bigger clubs as he still needs development, so shouldn't bee too difficult to get if we are really interested.

I don't think we have any chance at Sesko, it would require Wilson to be moved on to get him, and then he's just going to sit on the bench behind Isak all season?

11 minutes ago, TRC said:

I don't think we have any chance at Sesko, it would require Wilson to be moved on to get him, and then he's just going to sit on the bench behind Isak all season?

No, we would be able to rotate to keep Isak fit.

2 minutes ago, duo said:

Bruno sale will be needed to fund these moves

I'd sooner Bruno stays but I've got no concerns about selling anymore. If Bruno leaves we'll replace beat we can and the money we can spend will go back into the squad. 

I think given the current restrictions we're going to have to sell to be able to strength the squad to the levels needed.  I can't think of anyone else who could generate the funds we need.  

Edited by duo

He’s worth well over £100m to us and to anyone really unless we see major deflation caused by all this FFP shite. Would be sickening to see him play for them, absolutely sickening 

15 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Arsenal think they're signing Isak..........

Would be hard to swallow, that. Liverpool-Caroll/Jose levels.