NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

if Leeds weren't to get promoted Archie Gray is the one to go for. Pretty much guaranteed to be a future international player.

34 minutes ago, Funtime Frankie said:

I was reading this article yesterday, it shows how good Pope was last year.

As mentioned before Muric could be an option and likely to be cheap and understand he will be initial understudy until he beats out Pope.

Some of the other GK on the list I didn't recognise but they are over 30 

We'd be comfortably 6th place with just Pope playing all season; and out of the group in the CL. 

As stupid as this sounds as I have never seen him play, but I really want us to get Marmadashvili, especially with no guarantees Pope comes back as good as he was

Something about having our GK position and the heart of our defence filled for the next 10+ years would be amazing 

34 minutes ago, janpawel said:

As stupid as this sounds as I have never seen him play, but I really want us to get Marmadashvili, especially with no guarantees Pope comes back as good as he was

Something about having our GK position and the heart of our defence filled for the next 10+ years would be amazing 

I love watching him play. I’d hate to watch him play for us. Very eccentric keeper. He’d give us a heart attack moment 2-4 times a match. Incredible shot stopper though. Probably one of the best 1 on 1 keepers I’ve ever seen. Comes out quick and makes himself really big. Good positioning and reflexes. Just has this crazy style that is kind of nerve wracking. 

9 hours ago, Sufi said:

I love watching him play. I’d hate to watch him play for us. Very eccentric keeper. He’d give us a heart attack moment 2-4 times a match. Incredible shot stopper though. Probably one of the best 1 on 1 keepers I’ve ever seen. Comes out quick and makes himself really big. Good positioning and reflexes. Just has this crazy style that is kind of nerve wracking. 

Will fit in well with the way we play. 

10 hours ago, Sufi said:

Is it even Newcastle United if you aren't permanently on the verge of a breakdown watching us play?

Edited by Keegans Export

23 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I know he fucked up the other week v Brentford but I like him. Very good age, has experience in the PL playing in cannon fodder and sides competing at the top. Would love him here. 

I think a few folk would be wise to remember what tends to happen to players once they are working with Eddie, they get better. Same as the Gordon transfer for me, I wouldn’t be hugely excited but I’d expect him to be extremely effective within months.

26 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

I think a few folk would be wise to remember what tends to happen to players once they are working with Eddie, they get better. Same as the Gordon transfer for me, I wouldn’t be hugely excited but I’d expect him to be extremely effective within months.

He's played under Howe before too, so if we did sign him, you know that he'd be confident enough in him to fit our tactics. 

15 hours ago, Smal said:

if Leeds weren't to get promoted Archie Gray is the one to go for. Pretty much guaranteed to be a future international player.

Yeah, he’s somebody that every single PL team will be after if Leeds don’t come up. 

1 minute ago, TRon said:

Is he out of contract or something? Otherwise what would be the point of submitting a bid in April when we can't sign him until the season's over?

You can still get everything agreed with the club beforehand. 

According to Wiki:

"He played 48 out of 51 games in 2021–22, missing only one league game by suspension…"

Ha…we'll soon knock that out of him.