NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

3 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Speaking of Szoboszlai as the market is understandably quiet this time of the season. What’s everyone’s thoughts on him after his first (almost) full season? Better deal than Maddison? Or would you stick and back Tonali to better them both?

He blows hot and cold. Clearly talented, but they're not getting the best of him in that eight position.

27 minutes ago, kingxlnc said:

Sesko - CF (Wilson replacement) - 45m (15m for Wilson)

Chiesa - RW (Almiron replacement) 45m (15m for Almiron)

Kelly - LCB/LB (Dummett replacement) - Free / Free

Tosin - RCB (Schar cover) Free

Miranda - LB (Targett replacement) Free / 10m for Targett

Mamardashvili - GK (Dubravka replacement) - 30m (1m for Dubravka) 
K Thuram / Y Fofana - CM - (Longstaff replacement) 35m (15m for Longstaff)

- 155m spend, 55m brought in = 100m net spend and the team will be looking very solid indeed

CB slightly weak but can do a big CB signing the following summer or January

While we're fantasizing...

Mbappe - Free

Kvaratskhelia - £45m

Zaire-Emery - £45m

Salah - free loan via Saudi

Sorted.

I didn't know anything about him before he went to Liverpool but the way people were talking about him, he sounded like the next coming of Maradona!. He's been very good but I wouldn't say he's fully lived up to the huge billing. Maybe just highlights how much of a leveller the Premier League can be. 

4 hours ago, Armchair Pundit said:

https://the72.co.uk/2024/04/08/newcastle-united-watch-2m-peterborough-united-ace-put-in-decent-cup-final-display/

Been to a handful of Peterborough matches recently, the lad's alright, not sure he'd work as well in the Prem, but you never know.

Name is weirdly familiar.

Anyway, just been watching some highlights of his. Very very impressive athlete!

Interesting link. Guess if we are still looking for a younger, versatile, developmental striker then it could be feasible.

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Still maintain Szoboszlai would have been tasty off our right hand side.

Yeah, really liked him in that position.

12 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

We have no choice, tbf. 

Tonali will be fine. Actually really looking forward to it

Well I know that [emoji38] Was just posing the question on the three players as the season comes to a conclusion… 

1 hour ago, LFEE said:

Speaking of Szoboszlai as the market is understandably quiet this time of the season. What’s everyone’s thoughts on him after his first (almost) full season? Better deal than Maddison? Or would you stick and back Tonali to better them both?

Very hit and miss - and that's in a team thats hitting all cylinders. Not really fussed on missing out on him or Diaby tbf - also someone else who's been very hit and miss.

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

He blows hot and cold. Clearly talented, but they're not getting the best of him in that eight position.

Hes fairly chaotic, I’m not sure him and Nunez in the same side really works. He doesn’t seem to possess that natural discipline positionally, he’s probably coachable but I expected more after almost a full season.. 

i thought he was the Salah replacement on the RW - but more creative.

i don't think the Liverpool side is great. They've just got tremendous firepower and find a way to win in big moments. The midfield balance is still off.

When Thiago played and Fabinho was at his best they had a level of control in the highest quality of games. 

2 hours ago, kingxlnc said:

Sesko - CF (Wilson replacement) - 45m (15m for Wilson)

Chiesa - RW (Almiron replacement) 45m (15m for Almiron)

Kelly - LCB/LB (Dummett replacement) - Free / Free

Tosin - RCB (Schar cover) Free

Miranda - LB (Targett replacement) Free / 10m for Targett

Mamardashvili - GK (Dubravka replacement) - 30m (1m for Dubravka) 
K Thuram / Y Fofana - CM - (Longstaff replacement) 35m (15m for Longstaff)

- 155m spend, 55m brought in = 100m net spend and the team will be looking very solid indeed

CB slightly weak but can do a big CB signing the following summer or January

Not one is paying for anyone of our players - we're stuck with them.

2 hours ago, Yorkie said:

This summer's Paqueta / Szoboszlai.

The one that always comes to mind in that vein is Huntelaar. Still think he'd have been the perfect Shearer replacement when he was the hot new thing 

1 hour ago, Menace said:

Very hit and miss - and that's in a team thats hitting all cylinders. Not really fussed on missing out on him or Diaby tbf - also someone else who's been very hit and miss.

Similar to my thoughts hence posing the question. In his defence he’s playing in a completely rebuilt midfield and still young. Diaby I was never overly struck on. Similar with Maddison for the overall price. Paqueta when up for sale at Lyon feels the biggest miss out of the four and probably fee/wage wise the most realistic also. Obviously Tonali missing most of the season doesn’t help the final assessment. Hopefully of the five we’ve got the best one 🤞🏻

Edited by LFEE

I’d love Gray. Understand the argument we need players that can improve XI straight away, but we’re in a position still where signings like Gray can be made and bedded in whilst expectations are low. So we can sign them, get them settled and they’re a key player for many seasons. 

On 04/04/2024 at 15:49, Funtime Frankie said:

Redondo has gone to Inter Miami for some reason.

I think he will be Europe bound after a season or two

He gets paid much better than he would in Argentina, gets to live in Miami (I don’t see the appeal but it’s basically the center of the Latin American world :lol: ), and starts immediately. But you’re right, he’ll likely springboard to Europe after a couple of seasons.

Surely shouldn't be hard to fathom the main reason why a young Argentinian would want to play for Inter Miami right now? :lol:

30 minutes ago, Sibierski said:

I’d love Gray. Understand the argument we need players that can improve XI straight away, but we’re in a position still where signings like Gray can be made and bedded in whilst expectations are low. So we can sign them, get them settled and they’re a key player for many seasons. 

Expectations are low? [emoji38] You clearly avoid the majority of social media and half this forum.

How much could we realistically generate in sales this summer if we're keeping all our best players?

Dubravka - Would go for free to get him off the wage bill.

Targett - Hardly played the last two years due to injury, almost 30, on big wages, no one would pay him anywhere near as much unless its a free transfer.

Lewis - Might get a few mil off Watford.

Hayden - Couldn't give him away, stuck with him till 2026.

Fraser - A few mil off Southampton perhaps.

Longstaff - £10-15m if we're lucky.

Almiron - £10m, maybe £15m off a Saudi team.

Murphy - Simply not good enough £5m

Wilson - 32 and misses half of each season injured £5-10m

So best case scenario, maybe £40m in total. As all the above will be classed as paid for in terms of FFP, what sort of budget would it give us?