NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

58 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

We should be targeting players with potential who will flourish under Howe, young talent that can grow into the side or be profitable. 

Antonio Nusa of Brugge, see teams like Brentford being linked in January for €25m but then holding off until the summer, we should be all over that, he's got huge potential. 

Likewise with this Dean Huijsen,

Hope we're braver on youth than in the past, much rather see us target talent with potential, than paying over the odds for squad fillers, or relegated teams wantaways. 

Would absolutely love Nusa, but he needs to get his fitness on track.

Amazing talent!

And to add to that, it’s insane to imagine Norways attack with:

Haaland

Nusa Ødegaard Bobb

Just watch us fail to qualify for anything😂

4 hours ago, mighty__mag said:

We should be targeting players with potential who will flourish under Howe, young talent that can grow into the side or be profitable. 

Antonio Nusa of Brugge, see teams like Brentford being linked in January for €25m but then holding off until the summer, we should be all over that, he's got huge potential. 

Likewise with this Dean Huijsen,

Hope we're braver on youth than in the past, much rather see us target talent with potential, than paying over the odds for squad fillers, or relegated teams wantaways. 

With FFP restraints this is exactly what we should be doing and would hope with our new improved scout network this is what we’ll do.

I'd be happy with the two free transfers touted at CB, one quality proven RW and a couple of young Championship talents to fill the spaces left by those out of contract. Ideally a GK amongst that.

This is only based on us keeping Isak and Bruno (selling Miggy and one other), if not we'll need something bigger. 

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

I'd be happy with the two free transfers touted at CB, one quality proven RW and a couple of young Championship talents to fill the spaces left by those out of contract. Ideally a GK amongst that.

This is only based on us keeping Isak and Bruno (selling Miggy and one other), if not we'll need something bigger. 

Agree with that but no striker? One option might be keep Wilson and bring in a RW who can play striker too. I still think in cashing in on Wilson makes the most sense and buying another 2nd striker. Keeping Wilson and bringing in another striker would be ideal but perhaps unrealistic.

Edited by ExiledGeordie

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Agree with that but no striker? One option might be keep Wilson and bring in a RW who can play striker too. I still think in cashing in on Wilson makes the most sense and buying another 2nd striker. Keeping Wilson and bringing in another striker would be ideal but perhaps unrealistic.

For me invest in GK, central defence and a right forward. Center back being the priority. Id personally keep Wilson, I’m not sure Howe will want to let him go anyway.

Edited by black_n_white

57 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

That was my thinking yes, keep Wilson and bring a versatile forward player in (like Gordon and Isak are). Ofcourse if Wilson leaves then that does change things in some ways but doesn't mean he can't be replaced by a versatile forward player and still bring in another out and out RW.

My biggest worry with Wilson is that he'll get injured during pre-season and then we've screwed ourselves out of getting any money for him and also our sqaud is considerably weaker without much chance of bringing in a replacement.

21 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

That was my thinking yes, keep Wilson and bring a versatile forward player in (like Gordon and Isak are). Ofcourse if Wilson leaves then that does change things in some ways but doesn't mean he can't be replaced by a versatile forward player and still bring in another out and out RW.

My biggest worry with Wilson is that he'll get injured during pre-season and then we've screwed ourselves out of getting any money for him and also our sqaud is considerably weaker without much chance of bringing in a replacement.

Yeah spot on, agree with all of that. Well it’s all about to happen pretty soon anyway so we’ll see what Howe and the club is planning. A far cry from the Ashley years. Dear oh dear 😂

5 hours ago, High Five o said:

Haaland

Nusa Ødegaard Bobb

image.png.36747eb91b9155dd2574d86c2b8c8634.png

53 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

Similar thoughts. I think Howe seems fantastic at creating a team ethos, a sense of belonging. There comes a time, especially with the current financial rules, when we have to ruthlessly get income when we can.

Maybe with the ridiculous injury crisis we have had this year being so fresh in his mind, and all the ‘might have beens,’ which could have been within our grasp with a full squad/more options, might sway him/others to get money for who we can when we can. For Wilson that is now. 

6 hours ago, High Five o said:

Haaland

Nusa Ødegaard Bobb

Seriously, what's up with your NT? Add Sørloth, Ryerson etc. to that and you have a fantastic team on paper. So why are you so shit in real life?

3 minutes ago, mosstef said:

Seriously, what's up with your NT? Add Sørloth, Ryerson etc. to that and you have a fantastic team on paper. So why are you so shit in real life?

image.png.8b50e544a5f656cd85d6a9ced5daac50.png

38 minutes ago, mosstef said:

Ned?

Looking at FFP, I think this summer there will be money without sales. Especially with European football.

If a couple of frees come in for CB there should be big money for 2-3 elsewhere. 

Am sure there will be sales as some players will want out of for game time/ longer contracts etc but overall there should be less constraints than last summer 

On 05/05/2024 at 04:30, 54 said:

Its a shame Szmodics is 28, as if he was 5 years younger he'd be worth a punt as a third choice striker for around £10m/£15m 

I could see him going to Ipswich.

Its astonishing how many journalists still don't understand transfer fees/amortisation etc. I was watching everything is black and white podcast with Andrew Musgrove and he said he wouldn't sell Wilson for anything less than 30m (I know its ridiculous) his reasoning was that it would cost "at least that" to replace him.... but that's not how it works right?

Correct me if I'm wrong but let's use a hypothetical where we wanted to replace Wilson with Solanke and let's say we got 12m for Wilson and Solanke cost 50m.

12m for Wilson is now full profit on our books.

50m for Solanke would be (let's say 5 year deal), 10m each year for the next 5 years.

So in affect, Wilson for 12m would pay for the first year of Solanke on the books?

Of course I'm aware that we need to be able to pay for the other 4 years but someone confirm I'm at least along the right lines.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, STM said:

Its astonishing how many journalists still don't understand transfer fees/amortisation etc. I was watching everything is black and white podcast with Andrew Musgrove and he said he wouldn't sell Wilson for anything less than 30m (I know its ridiculous) his reasoning was that it would cost "at least that" to replace him.... but that's not how it works right?

Correct me if I'm wrong but let's use a hypothetical where we wanted to replace Wilson with Solanke and let's say we got 12m for Wilson and Solanke cost 50m.

12m for Wilson is now full profit on our books.

50m for Solanke would be (let's say 5 year deal), 10m each year for the next 5 years.

So in affect, Wilson for 12m would pay for the first year of Solanke on the books?

Of course I'm aware that we need to be able to pay for the other 4 years but someone confirm I'm at least along the right lines.

Aye i think so. Plus wages as well , no?

Edited by Ikon

Journalists in general (some are better than others) have been so slow to react to covering the financial side of the game.

It took way too long to move past the headline transfer fee figure and get on board with amortisation. Now most seem to be hip to amortisation, but so few talk about wages and it seems no one is doing the work they should be doing to really push clubs/agents/players to share wage numbers, bonus details, etc. All of this is necessary information to understanding the actual cost of a player and how it impacts a club's finances. 

Trying to find out Wilson's salary is comical - sources range from £43k/wk to over £100k. It makes a huge difference to what benefit (or not) we'd get in selling him.

12 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

Journalists in general (some are better than others) have been so slow to react to covering the financial side of the game.

It took way too long to move past the headline transfer fee figure and get on board with amortisation. Now most seem to be hip to amortisation, but so few talk about wages and it seems no one is doing the work they should be doing to really push clubs/agents/players to share wage numbers, bonus details, etc. All of this is necessary information to understanding the actual cost of a player and how it impacts a club's finances. 

Trying to find out Wilson's salary is comical - sources range from £43k/wk to over £100k. It makes a huge difference to what benefit (or not) we'd get in selling him.

Spot on. I was genuinely shocked at when I heard the above. Like it was so simple as player in=player out.

19 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

Yep.  I love it when they give it the old ‘no-one wants to read this stuff’ patter as well.  As if what we really want to know is Lee Ryder’s view of whether the right back deserved 7 out of 10 or 8 out of 10, and not about that stuff which actually impacts the club’s transfer policy

Posted (edited)

Lovely player and would be a dream signing if it wasn’t for his injuries. Do not trust, so not worth risking the amount of money he would cost. IF we did and if we got him I’d still be excited like. 

Edited by Ikon