NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

4 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Longstaff into his last year and no renewal talks. No idea if they are similar players mind.

That's why I would assume someone is going if we were to target someone already 23 for midfield as white and lonstaff both into their last year but will they run down their contracts, extend etc right now despite suspect fitness issues for some we are quite stacked in midfield playing 3 in the middle especially as there is no Europe this coming season. 

30 minutes ago, Pata said:

That is such a bullshit example, Diaz isn't going full speed and think that should be a pen. :lol: 

Just because Diaz isn’t going full speed doesn’t mean it’s not a good example of Thiaw being quick. He’s clearly quick in that clip 

6 minutes ago, gdm said:

Just because Diaz isn’t going full speed doesn’t mean it’s not a good example of Thiaw being quick. He’s clearly quick in that clip 

'Luis Diaz (locked 8th fast player in EPL last season at 36.42km/h)'

Nah, it's a bullshit example but I don't think Thiaw is too slow.

Longstaff is wanted by FC Toronto, but they need to get rid of both Bernardeschi, and Insigne to free up both DP spots, and funds.

Hard task, they wanted to get rid of them in the winter when it was their off season. No one in Europe wanted them, and Saudi clubs were not interested.

10 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Longstaff is wanted by FC Toronto, but they need to get rid of both Bernardeschi, and Insigne to free up both DP spots, and funds.

Hard task, they wanted to get rid of them in the winter when it was their off season. No one in Europe wanted them, and Saudi clubs were not interested.

That's very interesting.

Would be very cool for him and his brother.

Even after any sales could they really afford him though? What's the minimum we'd take for Longstaff in his final year?

£10 million maybe? Would they spend that kind of money?

Wouldn’t surprise me. Who cares, even if disturbing. Hopefully history doesn’t repeat if that was what happened. (Or what actually happened for that matter). 

Edited by Ikon

34 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Where did you hear this? Doesn't make sense for anyone? Can see Herdman being interested of course.

Can't see them fronting the money required for Longstaff. Both Bernadeschi and Insigne signed on free transfers. After years of big signings marquee failures and Manning getting dumped, I can't see them doing in the same direction and for someone like Sean. Maybe in 3 or 4 years time?

i'm officially entering despondent transfer wanker territory. cool seeing every dogfuck club from here to kathmandu improving their squads in multiple positions, while we're addressing the key position of backup gk, really loving it.

13 minutes ago, El Prontonise said:

Worrying.

You and mr. not-a-real-doctor up there can both kiss it :lol: it's just painful man and sometimes calming mantras like "trust the process" just fail to have any effect. I'm not even apportioning blame, just lamenting the situation regardless.

Edited by thomas

7 hours ago, SteV said:

Not quite true on Isak. It was out the blue in terms of the deal being agreed, but we had been credited with strong interest by Baldwards and others in the months before, even if it all seemed fairly tenuous at the time.

If anything, the Tonali deal was more of a shock than the Isak one, as it went from 0-100 much quicker.

100% this - I was on the bus going to Tranmere (I think - definitely an away match!) when it broke! 

51 minutes ago, duo said:

The irony of us having to spend £30-£40 mil on new a RW when we just had to let one go - PSR man. Utter joke.

What do the rules say about this idea.

'Sell' Minteh but have a clause were we can buy him back for the same amount next summer.

That's where the league is headed with all this PSR nonsense.

31 minutes ago, Joe1984 said:

What do the rules say about this idea.

'Sell' Minteh but have a clause were we can buy him back for the same amount next summer.

That's where the league is headed with all this PSR nonsense.

Villa already did that with Philogene. Instead of loaning out your youngsters you sell them and have a buyback clause to get them back.

It can't keep going like this, these swap deals are also getting ridiculous but such an easy way to get past the regulations.

Edited by Pata

31 minutes ago, gdm said:

Thiaw highlights of CL game v spurs. Both commentators mention his pace. 

I remember in the away game against them their CB pairing looking dominant. But being more impressed with Tomori. Pretty sure he didn’t play at SJP. I was there, but I was fairly pissed. So fuck knows. 

I do really like how aggressive he is in that video with pressing the attackers before they have a chance to turn. Quite a few interceptions, too. At our best the last season or two. Our defenders have been like that. But for various reasons, it has dropped off. You’ll get made to look a cunt from time to time doing it and risk the odd card. But well worth it as a risk/reward most of the time. Especially if you’re more athletic than Botman, Burn and Schar. 

Felt a bit meh about the links. But that 2 minute clip has made me more positive :lol: hope we sign him. 

3 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

I do really like how aggressive he is in that video with pressing the attackers before they have a chance to turn. Quite a few interceptions, too. At our best the last season or two. Our defenders have been like that. But for various reasons, it has dropped off. You’ll get made to look a cunt from time to time doing it and risk the odd card. But well worth it as a risk/reward most of the time. Especially if you’re more athletic than Botman, Burn and Schar. 

Yup. Pope being out meant our CBs couldn't be as aggressive anymore as Dubs wasn't cutting out the long balls behind their backs. Opens space in the midfield when our CBs were scared to get tight and bad things happen.