NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

27 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Calling a window where we've avoided a double-digit points deduction whilst also hanging onto Bruno, Isak and Gordon (despite not being in Europe) a 'disaster' is a bit crackers imo. I'm not underselling Newcastle there - they're world class players whom we're vulnerable to losing to teams at the top of the food chain. 

Totally disagree. Not progressing what we already have decreases our chances of getting Europe/top 6 this season given the context of the teams around us. No Europe again next season and we can probably count the transfer requests coming in from those players you've mentioned to go to those clubs at the top of food chain that do have Europe.

All the whilst its been clear since July we've money to spend given the bids for Guehi. Failure to add/improve the first XI is a failure for me.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

Aye, now Guehi is out the picture seemingly It strikes me of a total bust. 

not addressed either of the big weaknesses in the team from last year, and while he’s we kept our best players, we have not got rid of the fringe bad players or strengthened at all. 

the rest of the league hasn’t stood still, a lot of our direct competition have gotten stronger, I’m genuinely worried about how this season will go, and what it will mean for the likes of Isak, Gordon and co. 

2 minutes ago, Menace said:

An already ageing squad which is now a year older with not much additional cover - I don't see how anyone can see this has been anything but poor - similar to January also tbh.

its better than January. We have signed Kelly and several keepers. But with all the reports we were going to go high quality this window, we still have a lot to do.

Well and truly shit the bed this window. We haven’t strengthened the first eleven like we needed to. It’s as simple as that. We will travel to Bournemouth with exactly the same team that we had when they wiped the floor with us. 

There’s time still but fuck me, if the big Paul Mitchell coup is Joe fucking Gomez then I’m sorry - not impressed at all. 

Just now, BennyBlanco said:

Well and truly shit the bed this window. We haven’t strengthened the first eleven like we needed to. It’s as simple as that. We will travel to Bournemouth with exactly the same team that we had when they wiped the floor with us. 

There’s time still but fuck me, if the big Paul Mitchell coup is Joe fucking Gomez then I’m sorry - not impressed at all. 

No we won't. We have Bruno and Isak for a start.

9 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Totally disagree. Not progressing what we already have decreases our chances of getting top Europe/top 6 this season given the context of the teams around us. No Europe again next season and we can probably count the transfer requests coming in from those players you've mentioned to go to those clubs at the top of food chain that do have Europe.

All the whilst its been clear since July we've money to spend given the bids for Guehi. Failure to add/improve the first XI is a failure for me.

I’d agree with that. No Europe next season and we’ll probably need a rebuild with players moving on. We’ve talked about trading, but we’ve barely sold anyone. We’ve missed the sweet spot for selling Almiron and Wilson for example, and have ended up having to offload Minteh. 

2 minutes ago, BennyBlanco said:

We travelled to Bournemouth probably at our lowest ebb last season absolutely decimated. I think we picked up 2 more injuries in the first half 

And there’s nothing, absolutely nothing firm to say we are in for Joe Gomez ffs 

Edited by Andy84

2 minutes ago, Pilko said:

I reckon we go get someone £30-£40m from Yewrup that hasn't been linked strongly at all within 48 hours.

Probably the first sensible thing you’ve said all day. 

5 minutes ago, BennyBlanco said:

When did they wipe the floor with us? If you’re referring to the same fixture last year, we didn’t have any players

Without signing Hall and Kelly, LB would have been a massive hole to plug.

Without Osula it would be very nervy going into the season with effectively one striker since Wilson is always injured.

All three of them were great aquisitions.

To say we haven't improved our squad this window is frankly not true, although it could have been better. We could have kept Minteh.

1 minute ago, Conjo said:

Without signing Hall and Kelly, LB would have been a massive hole to plug.

Without Osula it would be very nervy going into the season with effectively one striker since Wilson is always injured.

All three of them were great aquisitions.

To say we haven't improved our squad this window is frankly not true, although it could have been better. We could have kept Minteh.

What is it about Osulas game and goal scoring record that has set your mind at ease in him deputising for Isak when he inevitably gets injured?