NUFC Transfer Rumours

24 minutes ago, Erikse said:

By the end of the season, unless there are any changes, these are going to be our 30+ year old outfield players next summer (not including goalkeepers):

Jacob Murphy - 30

Krafth - 31

Almiron - 31

Lascelles - 31

Dan Burn - 33

Wilson - 33

Schär - 33

Trippier - 34

Going to have to fill some of these gaps eventually.

They’ve been really focussed on bringing down the age of the squad 

Hall, Livra, Isak, Barnes, Botman, Osula, Tonali, Gordon, Bruno

Basically signed an entire side under 25. When the takeover happened except the Longstaffs, and Lewis who is poor, there were no young players in the squad

24 minutes ago, gdm said:

Eddie Howe appears reluctant to play Gordon as a RW. If Eddie starts playing Gordon there regularly then fair enough. Until then nah we are stuck with Almiron & Murphy RW. 

genuinely I don’t know, how many times as Howe started Gordon on the RW? 

Twice at most ? Brentford and Spurs at home last season ?

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Twice at most ? Brentford and Spurs at home last season ?

Aye not a lot. It’s almost as if he doesn’t want to start him on the right. 

Edited by gdm

20 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

If we've not signed Guehi or similar though, then it's a massive failure. I'm not going to be a bedwetter and start criticising the club if that happens given the trajectory we've been on for 2 and a half years. 

You can criticise the club all you want dont let people say you cant just cos of history. All that matters is the here and now. We have stagnated past 12-18 months transfer wise. Thats a fact. The reasons behind that is a multitude of factors including PSR, not being able to offload players etc. The most glaring criticism of the club should be the fact that business wasnt done earlier in the window, bench players dont count. We needed a starting CB & RW. Reading between the lines of what Shearer said i think hes worried that the club are just happy to plug along without enough investment that puts us to the next level. At the end of the day we are a glorified advert for the Saudis sports vision, winning something doesnt change that so do they really care?

What I can't get my head around is, why aren't clubs queuing up to sign our players that we deem to be dog dirt?

We've collectively agreed that Miggy, Murphy and Longstaff are the 2nd, 3rd and 4th respectively after Darren Eales in the shit stakes, but why aren't clubs throwing money at them?

4 minutes ago, TBG said:

What I can't get my head around is, why aren't clubs queuing up to sign our players that we deem to be dog dirt?

We've collectively agreed that Miggy, Murphy and Longstaff are the 2nd, 3rd and 4th respectively after Darren Eales in the shit stakes, but why aren't clubs throwing money at them?

Why would the other club want to sign our dog dirt players in the first place? And at what price? And alternatives in the market?

2 minutes ago, toon25 said:

All up for the logic of not signing players for the sake of it, but it's mildly concerning that some folk at the club think there's currently nobody better than Murphy or Miggy for that RW position 

That’s not what they’re judging though, is it? I think you know that. 

7 minutes ago, TBG said:

Charlotte FC offered close to the absolute maximum we'd get for a soon to be 31 year old attacker with the same amount of goal involvements last season as Dan Burn tbf.

3 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

That’s not what they’re judging though, is it? I think you know that. 

And it's about shifting the players out, which we've found very hard to do with players from before the takeover and Eddie's time here.

1 minute ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Because our valuation of him is too high. No one will pay over £10m for him and his value is only going to decrease.

Maybe, but if they had a RW target and the Miggy money would enable them to get that person, I would hope they’d have done the deal. Must be more to it. 

Calling us not moving a massive failure is a bit over the top. The nice thing about PSR, if there are any nice things, is that any cash we might have used this window, can be deployed in January or the summer all the same. It's not a use it or lose it proposition.

I don't hate the idea of seeing how the squad operates until January and bringing someone in then if needed. Regardless, whatever is not expended will be extra ammo in our war chest next summer.

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Maybe, but if they had a RW target and the Miggy money would enable them to get that person, I would hope they’d have done the deal. Must be more to it. 

We just need to get better at squad management and being ruthless. If an opportunity arises where we can move first teamers who are not playing/starting much on at an optimum value due to their ages we need to be taking them; Trippier in January, Almirón this summer. 

23 minutes ago, WinstonFC said:

You can criticise the club all you want dont let people say you cant just cos of history. All that matters is the here and now. We have stagnated past 12-18 months transfer wise. Thats a fact. The reasons behind that is a multitude of factors including PSR, not being able to offload players etc. The most glaring criticism of the club should be the fact that business wasnt done earlier in the window, bench players dont count. We needed a starting CB & RW. Reading between the lines of what Shearer said i think hes worried that the club are just happy to plug along without enough investment that puts us to the next level. At the end of the day we are a glorified advert for the Saudis sports vision, winning something doesnt change that so do they really care?

It’s staggering how many people on here can’t differentiate between fact and opinion. 

45 minutes ago, WilliamPS said:

They’ve been really focussed on bringing down the age of the squad 

Hall, Livra, Isak, Barnes, Botman, Osula, Tonali, Gordon, Bruno

Basically signed an entire side under 25. When the takeover happened except the Longstaffs, and Lewis who is poor, there were no young players in the squad

Willock is actually younger than Longstaff. But you're right. I just wish we were able to move some of these players on and use that money (wages especially) to fund a replacement. Easier said than done though, ofcourse.

Edited by Erikse

3 hours ago, Big Geordie said:

I suspect this is as much as the club being unable to shift the likes of Fraser and Hayden, etc than owt else. Ashley had them on long contracts and if there's no takers....

Hugely underrated story of the window. Fraser, Hayden, Lewis, and arguably Targett, burning a hole in the squad. Desperately need to shift their wages off the books.

1 minute ago, Shays Given Tim Flowers said:

Yeah but that’s genuinely hard to do. Nobody wants to match our wages and clubs know we don’t want to play these players. 

Agreed, but it’s one of the reasons we’re limited on spending.