NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

13 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

They where all far more proven in fairness 

Maybe but sterling at 20 years old now would easily be £100m+. So proven English wingers going for like £75-100m and we get one of the highest potential ones for 45 and he is overpriced? Only time will tell....

4 minutes ago, jack j said:

Could change things for Incomings

Surprised there haven't been more English clubs sniffing around tbh, might be a case of out of sight, out of mind?

Oooh!

That's big news. Definitely getting a centre back if he leaves.

Sounds like he's up for the move too. Not a bad move for him either. Could see him doing really well in Turkey.

They are in the Champions League too right?

If it’s true I really hope he gets a massive send-off. Seriously underrated captain and bloke. I accept it was probably a great deal for him and his talent level but he did some very useful things in some very shit times to stop things getting shitter.

4 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

If it’s true I really hope he gets a massive send-off. Seriously underrated captain and bloke. I accept it was probably a great deal for him and his talent level but he did some very useful things in some very shit times to stop things getting shitter.

Yeah, he's been a class act his whole time here.

18 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

Spoilt it praising ashley

That's an interesting one. Obviously we need a better option than him if we're going to establish ourselves as real trophy hunters, and I do feel a bit nervous about the amount of game time he's probably going to get this season. However, he's obviously a crucial part of the dressing room and there'd be something incredibly nice to see him line up in a Champions League game for us. He deserves that moment for his absolutely brilliant service to the club. 

Seems a plausible link given their recruitment style and current CBs. Picked up Daniel Amartey on a free from Leicester this summer and appears to have gone straight in the team. 

9 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

They would need to give us decent money for this to happen and I can’t see that happening. 

Not sure, I think with the service he’s given and his relationship with Howe, if he wants to go then it will be for a relatively small fee. Similar to what we saw with Shelvey in January.

Edited by SUPERTOON