NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

1 minute ago, Manxst said:

Zaha wouldn’t be starting though, surely? I’d say the likes of Marcus Thuram is much better, too. 

One of Ferguson’s many genius skills was spotting mature experienced players that did a brilliant job for a year or two. Sheringham and Larsson. There’s a lot to be said for them if there’s no stupid transfer fee 

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Zaha would be our best wide player by a distance if we signed him imo, and none of those mentioned would get close to the numbers he puts out.

Zaha got 7 goals in 28 games this season. Thuram got 16 in 32. Don’t be daft man. If we sign a free transfer Zaha, whose place is he taking? We’d be using him to do a job when/if needed, not to start. A younger player, even if not quite so good (if you think) would be cheaper and would earn us cash when we resell him. 

2 minutes ago, Mahoneys Tache said:

One of Ferguson’s many genius skills was spotting mature experienced players that did a brilliant job for a year or two. Sheringham and Larsson. There’s a lot to be said for them if there’s no stupid transfer fee 

They were starters though- we don’t need Zaha to be starting, surely? 

Just now, Manxst said:

Zaha got 7 goals in 28 games this season. Thuram got 16 in 32. Don’t be daft man. If we sign a free transfer Zaha, whose place is he taking? We’d be using him to do a job when/if needed, not to start. A younger player, even if not quite so good (if you think) would be cheaper and would earn us cash when we resell him. 

How am I being daft ? He’s got close to 50 goals the last 5 years in a terrible negative palace side. And whose place is he taking ? He’s a better winger than Gordon, Miggy, Maxi, Murphy and Joeltinton so take your pick.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

How am I being daft ? He’s got close to 50 goals the last 5 years in a terrible negative palace side. And whose place is he taking ? He’s a better winger than Gordon, Miggy, Maxi, Murphy and Joeltinton so take your pick.

You’re being daft by saying “none of those mentioned would get close to the numbers he puts out”. And Thuram smashed them last year. His attitude is awful too. I honestly wouldn’t want him to replace any of those you’ve mentioned, in all honesty, and especially not for the money he’d cost. 

but hey, we all have an opinion. 

9 minutes ago, Manxst said:

You’re being daft by saying “none of those mentioned would get close to the numbers he puts out”. And Thuram smashed them last year. His attitude is awful too. I honestly wouldn’t want him to replace any of those you’ve mentioned, in all honesty, and especially not for the money he’d cost. 

but hey, we all have an opinion. 

I think you're both wrong. One of you brought up crap players then the other one brought up other crap players and then you argued about it. HOT SHPICHEY MEAT!

artworks-000125521187-163hc3-t500x500.jpg

21 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Zaha would be our best wide player by a distance if we signed him imo, and none of those mentioned would get close to the numbers he puts out.

Zaha is finished. Nowhere near as good as he was 

Just now, Mountain said:

I think you're both wrong. One of you brought up crap players then the other one brought up other crap players and then you argued about it. HOT SHPICHEY MEAT!

artworks-000125521187-163hc3-t500x500.jpg

? I’ll admit the players I brought up weren’t the best, but I’d sign them as backups to sell on in a year or two after we’ve improved them and wouldn’t be relying on them. I wouldn’t be starting Zaha and don’t think he’d be worth the wages to be a backup. 

25 minutes ago, Mahoneys Tache said:

We don't really have the structure to operate like this. Signing old and experienced free agents means very high wages and we just simply can't do that. Paying £200k a week to Zaha would make absolutely no sense.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Genuine question, how is he finished ? 

Because he’s on the decline, he’s nowhere near as good as he was. We don’t want to be signing that sort of player who is on the decline and would cost a fuck ton in wages. 

3 minutes ago, LV said:

Because he’s on the decline, he’s nowhere near as good as he was. We don’t want to be signing that sort of player who is on the decline and would cost a fuck ton in wages. 

Plus I don’t think his attitude/mentality would suit our dressing room. It’s what has put plenty of ‘Top 6’ clubs off signing him in the past imo. 

Zaha's non-penalty xG+xA per 90 has been hovering between 0.24 and 0.38 for all but one season (0.53 in 17-18) since 2014. Crystal Palace hasn't obviously been very exciting during that stretch but Zaha has always been the main man.

Looking at our numbers from the past season:

Wilson 0.95

Gordon 0.58 (just 469 minutes though)

Isak 0.53

Saint-Maximin 0.53

Willock 0.50

Murphy 0.47

Almiron 0.41

I really don't see how we should break our wage structure to sign someone like Zaha, he's just simply not worth it. And I don't see him working well with his attitude in an intense system like Howe's.

Edited by Pata

1 minute ago, LV said:

Not in Howe’s team he doesn’t. Doesn’t have the work rate. 

It’s a myth he doesn’t track back mind, maybe not to the standard Howe would demand but he isn’t lazy at all.