NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

No one is talking about paying him huge wages though, I said if we could get him on a good deal 

I don't see why he would accept lower wages from the 'richest club in the world' if Crystal Palace are offering him £200k. I don't see us offering UCL as any kind of pull either when he's been happy with midtable obscurity with Palace for almost a decade now.

You have to be pragmatic about what we actually need. We had the best defence in the league, no reason to think it’s been found out. We needed some extra bite in midfield and someone other than Bruno that could read the game well and break up play, pick the simple pass etc. We’ve done that. Tonali gives us extra control there.

Isak, Wilson, Gordon, Miggy, ASM, and Murphy will get enough goals. It’s not super important to buy in this area but if we do, we need to buy a clear upgrade.

31 minutes ago, Manxst said:

? I’ll admit the players I brought up weren’t the best, but I’d sign them as backups to sell on in a year or two after we’ve improved them and wouldn’t be relying on them. I wouldn’t be starting Zaha and don’t think he’d be worth the wages to be a backup. 

I apologise, I was being rude

7 minutes ago, Tina Tooner said:

Read that thread. Whats the point of FFP if clubs can do that ?

It is no different than taking a loan from a bank and won’t impact FFP, as if you pay all of the fee up front or in instalments the cost of the player is still stretched over the contract at a maximum of 5 years.

Edited by Matt1892

8 minutes ago, Tina Tooner said:

Read that thread. Whats the point of FFP if clubs can do that ?

It doesn't really have anything to do with FFP. For FFP it'll be £60 million over the length of his contract, regardless of whether it's paid in a lump sum or not.

Just now, Manxst said:

He was heavily linked in the first January window post takeover so I can imagine us being interested. Would imagine at that price though that we would be prioritising other positions.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

He was heavily linked in the first January window post takeover so I can imagine us being interested. Would imagine at that price though that we would be prioritising other positions.

Yep, I recall the name around the Botman/Carlos signings. Can’t see us spending that money on a CB this window. We’d be after younger and cheaper surely, and be putting the cash towards other positions. 

Just now, The Prophet said:

As with Pope, Maddison and Livramento, we're pretty opportunistic (or at least try to be) if we feel there's a good deal there, even if it isn't a priority position.

And Gordon. 

36 minutes ago, andycap said:

I think the club needs a couple of big players sold to bring in the targets we need. Who do you think is most dispensible out of our main squad? Maxi Wilson miggy. 

How about not selling big players when we would be spending even more on replacements.

46 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

It is no different than taking a loan from a bank and won’t impact FFP, as if you pay all of the fee up front or in instalments the cost of the player is still stretched over the contract at a maximum of 5 years.

Yeah, plus you're basically buying a player on credit and will pay more as a result.

So, it'll cost you more each year from an FFP point of view than if you hadn't effectively taken out a loan and had to pay interest on it.

54 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

It doesn't really have anything to do with FFP. For FFP it'll be £60 million over the length of his contract, regardless of whether it's paid in a lump sum or not.

Thought debt financing isnt allowed?