NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

I wonder if we want to see if we can tempt Guler before making any more big moves?

Seems the competition for him is insane but you'd like to think we have a shot, simply because of the fact that if he's as good as people reckon he'll be a first team starter really quickly. Gonna be harder to get the opportunities at pretty much everywhere else, you'd think?

Unless he's good enough that he'll be able to displace someone like Saka or Raphinha quickly enough... in which case best of luck to him yeah :lol:

Guehi would be great, big upside. If you believe we were serious about spending 50-60m on Kim Min-jae then 40-45m seems possible for Guehi.

Revisiting Goncalo Inacio for less money seems more likely though.

Chiesa would be immense but I don't think we are in for him. Hope I am wrong.

12 minutes ago, Shak said:

I wonder if we want to see if we can tempt Guler before making any more big moves?

Seems the competition for him is insane but you'd like to think we have a shot, simply because of the fact that if he's as good as people reckon he'll be a first team starter really quickly. Gonna be harder to get the opportunities at pretty much everywhere else, you'd think?

Unless he's good enough that he'll be able to displace someone like Saka or Raphinha quickly enough... in which case best of luck to him yeah :lol:

No chance we’d give his father the 20m or whatever it is that he’s asking. 

If we could only buy 1 more main and 1 young it would be Szob and Guler. The attacking midfield positions would be sorted for the next few years, with Wilson replacement or young striker next year.  

Could get away with Targett at LB for another half season until Jan. Defence was already fairly solid. 

Both of those signings plus Tonali would make us much more potent as that was an area we struggled last year. An elite LB or RCB or even DM wouldn't be as transformational as those two to us. 

I hope this window comes off good, like. Starting to feel like we're off the pace compared to the other top8-ish team with recruiting. 

Fully aware it's my insecurities from supporting an awfully ran club for most of my life.

Just now, kingxlnc said:

We should give the father 20M, it wouldn't come under FFP so it's essentially a 40m signing for 20m on the books

PIF investment in his father's made up company or some bollocks.

I understand the whole quality not quantity mantra but when you look at our squad depth it really does feel thin and that a couple of free transfers would have been useful at this stage. 

FFP is really going to hamstring us from accelerating so it may that this season was the first promotion season under Keegan 93/94 finishing 3rd, and this coming season will be a 1994/95 type season where after a decent start we end up falling to 6th/7th. 

Pretty hard to tell given that everything’s kept under wraps. We’ll still be working on deals but it all depends on whether our top targets are available and if not, then moving on to the next best options 

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Not a peep rumour wise of late, we really are watertight these days.

Explains why people are getting so invested in Szoboszlai.

I must have missed the whole start of this week being about Livramento then

5 minutes ago, Memphis said:

I hate to say this, but did we actually "pause and reflect" as Luke Edwards suggested a few days ago? I'm no Luke fan but it's kind of starting to look like a pause and reflection.

Livramento broke just hours after his article, so no.

Just now, BeloEmre said:

Livramento broke just hours after his article, so no.

Yeah, but what actually broke? That we were talking to Southampton?  We've been talking to them for weeks. There's been no offer and apparently we're still quite far apart on valuation so I don't really think that qualifies.

I don't see any new business happening. We have several things that *could* happen, and quickly. But we do have the look of a team waiting for something else to happen.

Luke will be back going big on McTominay, Barnes and Gallagher next week, whilst pouring cold water on Szob.

Then bang we’ll sign someone completely different, rinse and repeat with baldy.

Edited by Whitley mag

3 minutes ago, Memphis said:

Yeah, but what actually broke? That we were talking to Southampton?  We've been talking to them for weeks. There's been no offer and apparently we're still quite far apart on valuation so I don't really think that qualifies.

I don't see any new business happening. We have several things that *could* happen, and quickly. But we do have the look of a team waiting for something else to happen.

That we where closing in on signing him as we where Barella a few weeks before 

13 minutes ago, Memphis said:

I hate to say this, but did we actually "pause and reflect" as Luke Edwards suggested a few days ago? I'm no Luke fan but it's kind of starting to look like a pause and reflection.

We're boxing of the Tonali deal and won't want much going on the books until next week. It wasn't a particularly bold prediction on his behalf.

2 hours ago, Skeletor said:

Other clubs need to scout their own players FFS. Everyone just copying our homework. Bad enough when it was just Villa.

Not sure if serious. We fish in a small pond for the type of talent required to improve the team, other clubs fish the same pond, these are hardly unknown players playing in the Peruvian 2nd division.