NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Just now, mattypnufc said:

Indeed. Some odd behaviour from our fans at times. Almost as if they’ve convinced themselves he was ours. 

NUFC Twitter is fucking ridiculous like. I hate 90% of the slack jawed doylums that represent us on there. 

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

It's another one that seemed largely fan driven, bizarre.

Dunno like, he’s been mentioned by the press as a top target a number of times. Even Ornstein mentions nufc there 

Edited by gdm

I'd be bothered if we'd lost out on a target under Ashley as we just wouldn't bother signing anyone else. Under our new owners, you just know they'll have someone else lined up.

Any second CM for us will be low cost I imagine with any signing of significant cost would be on the RW. I know he has played there a few times this season but it is plausible that we want different attributes from a wide player, in the same way we didn’t follow up on Maddison.

1 minute ago, gdm said:

Dunno like, he’s been mentioned by the press as a top target a number of times. Even Ornstein mentions nufc there 

The Athletic said we made an enquiry in May, which tallies with what Sky Germany reported. We've probably enquired about tens of players. 

Just now, The Prophet said:

The Athletic said we made an enquiry in May, which tallies with what Sky Germany reported. We've probably enquired about tens of players. 

Aye probably true but he’s been constantly mentioned by edwards, the chronicle and all the others. That’s press driven not fan driven. 

Apparently he had agreed personal terms previously and there’s been quite a few articles since strongly linking him to us. Not sure how that’s fan driven based on that and that he actually fits the kind of player we’d like to sign. 

what I do find odd is seeing some people who never say anything then come out the woodwork commenting as if they knew he wouldn’t sign having a pop at others for paying interest towards him.

whatever happens, I still don’t doubt we’ll sign the right player in the end who does want to come her, fits our criteria, etc. 

Actually shocked at how little business we’ve done really, given the weakness of our overall squad I’d have expected at least some movement.

Tonali is obviously a massive signing, but expected some other incomings/outgoings by now. 

Not panicking yet like, but just expected more in ready for preseason. 

Seems the market is just warming up for everyone anyway.