NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

52 minutes ago, Rich said:

But does cash in not have an impact regardless? (It’s all based on allowable losses or percentage of wages/transfer expenditure to turnover now innit?)

Lyon need to sell too I think

1 hour ago, Hhtoon said:

I don't get it - the costs are amortised across the whole contract, most likely monthly, so not sure that makes any sense FFP wise.

They'll be a reason, we don't know what it is, it could be very trivial but they've decided it matters.

9 minutes ago, Jaqen said:

In terms of FFP selling someone one like Maxi for 30/40m would be huge wouldn't it? As all of that is recorded as profit for the year minus whatever 'value' he has left. 

It would. Surely a Saudi club will come in with a bid of £60m soon enough...

Think there’s a decent likelihood we make a couple of pragmatic signings like that, especially near the end of the window as our squad is extremely light going into an upcoming season in Europe

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

No, but you would hope the chance to play champions league and a decent signing on fee would lower that 

Only Saudi Arabia would match that. Palace are offering that because he's their main man and legend but I reckon if he wanted to stay in England he'd get £120-140k elsewhere. 

No, but you would hope the chance to play champions league and a decent signing on fee would lower that 

Plenty of younger free signings we should utilise before spending big wages on a soon to be 31 Zaha, I reckon. 

2 minutes ago, Manxst said:

I’d take Reiss Nelson, Jonathan Bamba, Moussa Dembele, Marcus Thuram, Ben Diaz - all Cheaper and younger than Zaha. 

All worse players by quite a distance than Zaha imo. 

All worse players by quite a distance than Zaha imo. 

Zaha wouldn’t be starting though, surely? I’d say the likes of Marcus Thuram is much better, too. 

2 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Zaha wouldn’t be starting though, surely? I’d say the likes of Marcus Thuram is much better, too. 

Zaha would be our best wide player by a distance if we signed him imo, and none of those mentioned would get close to the numbers he puts out.

6 minutes ago, Manxst said:

I’d take Reiss Nelson, Jonathan Bamba, Moussa Dembele, Marcus Thuram, Ben Diaz - all Cheaper and younger than Zaha. 

Brereton Diaz is going to Villarreal and Thuram is going to Inter. Think Nelson has signed a new deal at Arsenal.