NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

2 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Get a right back and Liverpool are back to being City's biggest rivals for the title.

Not sure about the title, but the top 8 is certainly going to be very competitive next year. Our twitter fans will be insufferable if we don’t get top 4 again and the club are perceived by them as ‘failing’.

1 minute ago, mattypnufc said:

Actually shocked at how little business we’ve done really, given the weakness of our overall squad I’d have expected at least some movement.

Tonali is obviously a massive signing, but expected some other incomings/outgoings by now. 

Not panicking yet like, but just expected more in ready for preseason. 

Seems the market is just warming up for everyone anyway. 

I’m reckoning we’re only after 3 players total anyway (not including Minteh), so I’m thinking it’ll be Tonali plus a LB and RW.

4 minutes ago, Myleftboot said:

Sure I read somewhere we are after 2 elite players. 

3 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Ornstein update is disappointing. Hopefully we've got something else up our sleeve. 

You can guarantee like Tonali it will be a name that wasn’t/hasn’t been linked 

We really shouldn’t pay much attention to the media. We never waste time negotiating fees with other clubs so if we really got a breakthrough we will get the player within days.

Players like Guler and this RB lad probably was enquired by us a few weeks ago, and that’s it. Media thought we are in, but likely we are already enquiring the sixth player down the list.

7 minutes ago, Geordie Boyo said:

Apparently he had agreed personal terms previously and there’s been quite a few articles since strongly linking him to us. Not sure how that’s fan driven based on that and that he actually fits the kind of player we’d like to sign. 

what I do find odd is seeing some people who never say anything then come out the woodwork commenting as if they knew he wouldn’t sign having a pop at others for paying interest towards him.

whatever happens, I still don’t doubt we’ll sign the right player in the end who does want to come her, fits our criteria, etc. 

It's Paqueta all over again.

Sky Germany credited us with an interest back in May, the Athletic have since confirmed we enquired about his availability.

There has been no update since May, other than journalists throwing his name into the mix because they don't have a clue who's on our shortlist.

Fans weirdly started fawning over him, despite some clearly never having watched him play.

He'd have been s good fit for us no doubt, but I'm intrigued to see who we make our move for.

He is similar to Paqueta in that he's an obvious fit, with the potential to elevate or transform the team, that we have ended up missing out on or not going for + have potentially lost out on to a rival team, too. There isn't an abundance of these type of players on the market. Fan disappointment is completely understandable. 

Exactly how negatively it should be viewed will depend on the business we conduct over the rest of the window. 

The media are useless with our transfers. Only Botman leaked in any way shape or form really. 

We got Isak, Bruno, Burn, and Tonali pretty much done and dusted before the media and itks came crawling out. 

Our "public" chases have not usually ended up with us signing the player in question, but are then followed up with an out of the blue link no one had heard even mentioned. 

Would bet good money our next signing has not been mentioned by anyone. Won't be an elite level superstar, but probably 22-23, who has been secretly watched for ages

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

It's Paqueta all over again.

Sky Germany credited us with an interest back in May, the Athletic have since confirmed we enquired about his availability.

There has been no update since May, other than journalists throwing his name into the mix because they don't have a clue who's on our shortlist.

Fans weirdly started fawning over him, despite some clearly never having watched him play.

He'd have been s good fit for us no doubt, but I'm intrigued to see who we make our move for.

How is that weird or odd? You said yourself there, he’d be a good fit for us. Course there’s gonna be some excitement when players are strongly linked, but I wouldn’t call people weird or odd for it. 

none of us know at the end of the day who will definitely sign, so it’s pot-luck who you comment on with interest and hope that a player signs for us. I’m not gonna call people as if I’d always known that player wouldn’t sign. Like you said, he would have been a good fit so it is disappointing. 

bottom line is I do feel we’ll continue to bring in the right players. It’s just a case of when. Course we want it to happen tomorrow, but it’s obviously not as straight forward as that. 

Just now, Kanji said:

How is it weird for fans to want a player who is clearly a class talent to join? 

It's weird if we're not really even in for them. But we don't really know either way do we.

I think it's a real concern just how light our squad is with the amount of games we're likely to play next season. I'm less concerned about missing out on individuals than I am still seeing the likes of Ritchie, Lewis and Lascelles getting game time.