NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

1 minute ago, Shearergol said:

That is 100% my worry too.

We still need a LB, another CM, RW, back up ST, and another CB option before addressing that our RB options outside of Trippier are pony.

Club seemingly can't 'win'

Doesn't go spouting off to anyone and everyone regarding our transfers = worrying.

News breaks out of nowhere that we're on the verge of signing someone = yEaH bUt wHaT aBouT sZoBosZla

1 minute ago, TBG said:

Club seemingly can't 'win'

Doesn't go spouting off to anyone and everyone regarding our transfers = worrying.

News breaks out of nowhere that we're on the verge of signing someone = yEaH bUt wHaT aBouT sZoBosZla

No one is being like this tbh 

If we aren’t in for a player and he goes somewhere else, how can we even be remotely invested in it.

Something like that kid that went to PSG, that’s different as was a snub.

We’re far too easily led by journos.

2 minutes ago, gdm said:

No one is being like this tbh 

You only need to look back at the past few pages or so.

Seemingly no news is bad news even though the club has shown it's water tight when it comes to keeping transfers quiet. 

If we're going into the first game with only Tonali signed then fair enough, but Christ the window hasn't even officially opened and there's people 'worrying'

7 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Well 3 isn't, IMO. That was the rumour wasn't it?

Reports have been between 2 and 5 coming in of varying quality. That was why I asked what would be considered enough.

26 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

I'm no expert on Szoboszlai, but he hasn't sounded like a middle 3 type of midfielder to me, and he's not displacing Salah. Whatever they have planned for him will be very different to what our plans would have been.

If they stick to playing Trent as an inverted fullback it's more or less a 4 man midfield and would allow him to play as an attacking midfielder. 

Think it will be similar to how Havertz is used at Arsenal where Zinchenko moves into midfield. 

23 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Villa signing Pau Torres should really give us hope too, the premier league at is at stage whereby internationals from the best countries can be attracted as long as the buying club has ambition. 

image.thumb.jpeg.d31d065e31b56b7aa8d73c6784507cb1.jpeg

3 minutes ago, TBG said:

You only need to look back at the past few pages or so.

Seemingly no news is bad news even though the club has shown it's water tight when it comes to keeping transfers quiet. 

If we're going into the first game with only Tonali signed then fair enough, but Christ the window hasn't even officially opened and there's people 'worrying'

No it’s not you have just generalised. People are disappointed that a high level target is going to a top 4 rival. People will soon get over it and move on to whomever our next target is. No one is saying it’s worrying because the club aren’t shouting about our targets and no one will be saying ‘what about Szoboszlai’ when we eventually get someone in - I mean the fact the second part hasn’t even happened suggests you’ve completely made it up 

24 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

You don't think it's odd to get emotionally invested in a player who we've merely enquired about?

Excitement at certain links is natural, but some seemed completely set on him.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone emotionally invested to a degree you seem to be fixated on. I’ve seen people share emotional disappointment, but so what? How it’s odd or weird for some people to build their hopes up isn’t for anyone to say. It suggests you know more and is quite belittling when you’ve got a lot of people on here of different ages and knowledge. 

11 minutes ago, gdm said:

No it’s not you have just generalised. People are disappointed that a high level target is going to a top 4 rival. People will soon get over it and move on to whomever our next target is. No one is saying it’s worrying because the club aren’t shouting about our targets and no one will be saying ‘what about Szoboszlai’ when we eventually get someone in - I mean the fact the second part hasn’t even happened suggests you’ve completely made it up 

Was he a high level target or did people just want him to be?

This is all very worrying. Reminiscent of the Ashley recruitment era. Shirley were rich enough to blow the likes of Liverpool and spurs out of the water and bad enough to threaten players families to force them here?  Worrying.