NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

3 minutes ago, TRon said:

Seems like we are being linked to half of the Chelsea squad on twitter. Just feels like a stab in the dark by random reporters figuring Chelsea have surplus players, and want to buy some players.

It was the same last transfer window. RLC and Gallagher constantly linked.

9 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Always hard to judge defensive ability in dysfunctional units. Defending is much more about the system. Would definitely give Cucurella a chance if he came in.

Defending 1v1 is easy to judge. A bad as Chelsea were - Cucurella was often THE weakest link. 

Chelsea defensive stats weren’t that bad. Especially under Potter. But Cucu stank. 

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

Cucarella for £25-30m would definitely be worth a shot imo. 

Stats wise he was the best PL attacking fullback in 21/22 season and second best defensively. He also played LCB at Brighton and won a motm playing there in the CL last year. He had a horror season but I wouldn't put it past Howe and team to turn him back around.

Probably a better LB for 30/25m but there is likely still a player in there to be salvaged with a fresh start.

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

He’s awful defensively.  Pass. 

Was he awful defensively at Brighton?

Everyone knew Chelsea had ridiculously overpaid for him, but I think if they’d paid around the £30m mark, most would have thought it a good signing.

4 minutes ago, Toon88 said:

Seems people don’t understand that Cucurella is on £175k a week.

End of our interest.

Well then he never leaves Chelsea because no other club will pay it

30 minutes ago, BeloEmre said:

Cucurella would give us so much going forward on the left side but he is very average defensively.

Dont think hes that good going forward? Cant remember an assist or a goal. Quite slow also. We already lack speed at the back.

Just now, nufc123 said:

Dont think hes that good going forward? Cant remember an assist or a goal. Quite slow also. We already lack speed at the back.

Are we just ignoring his time at Brighton now then?

17 minutes ago, SteV said:

Was he awful defensively at Brighton?

Everyone knew Chelsea had ridiculously overpaid for him, but I think if they’d paid around the £30m mark, most would have thought it a good signing.

I don’t know but they often played a back 5 and Potter is good at organising a defence. 

17 minutes ago, Minhosa said:

Who would you pick if it was Tierney for £30m or Cucarella for £30m?

Tierney. 

7 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

No he's not, he cause havoc against us when he played for brighton. 

5 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

Wasnt that great. Murphy terrorised him when they met at St James.

Wasn’t he Brighton’s player of the year the season before last?

20 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Stats wise he was the best PL attacking fullback in 21/22 season and second best defensively. He also played LCB at Brighton and won a motm playing there in the CL last year. He had a horror season but I wouldn't put it past Howe and team to turn him back around.

Probably a better LB for 30/25m but there is likely still a player in there to be salvaged with a fresh start.

Good info. I never paid attention to him at Brighton. But at Chelsea he’s been one of the very worst in a bad team.