NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

10 minutes ago, STM said:

About 3.5 for Dubravka. The other 2 would be super nominal fees. IMO

They haven’t managed to offload Hayden or Lewis for free for three years now. What makes you think they’re going to be able to offload them this window at all never mind for a nominal fee?

4 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

He didn't specify which way the £5m would go tbf

I’m just shocked people think we will get money for these players. 

It’s going to cost us about £4M to get rid of Lewis and Hayden. Dubs will go for free. There is no chance we are getting £9M for Ashby. 

Some of these takes on getting money offloading players is mental.

21 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

All opinions of course, but I’d be astonished to get anything for a 35 year old reserve goalie with 1 year left on his contract 

Or a keeper coming off the back of playing half a season of a 7th place premier league finish and a starting birth in the Euros.

we won’t get millions, but there’s a few hundred k in that profile for someone

Edited by Colos Short and Curlies
Fat fingers hitting 6 instead of 7

3 hours ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

Or a keeper coming off the back of playing half a season of a 7th place premier league finish and a starting birth in the Euros.

we won’t get millions, but there’s a few hundred k in that profile for someone

Yep, I don't doubt we'd get a nominal fee.  But anyone with eyes could see that Dubravka was the weakest link in that side - we didn't finish 7th because of him, unless the statement was 'why didn't Newcastle finish 5th?'

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

So are we thinking if no one leaves by Sunday then we will face a points deduction next season ?

I’m wondering if there’s a plan here. Like let it happen then we’ll see you in court kind of thing. We aren’t getting any help from the rest of the league and we’re essentially on our own so it might be a case of take it through the legal system and see who blinks first. 

10 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

So are we thinking if no one leaves by Sunday then we will face a points deduction next season ?

I doubt it. It would be poor planning and management if we leave it til so late to resolve the issue, if any. I trust that our club are run professionally now for that risk to happen.  

17 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Seems to me a Minteh deal is pretty much ready to go. But as others have said, I imagine they'll have something up their sleeve if this falls through at the 11th hour. 

There’s no way the club would let it go to the brink like that.. we’re a professional outfit these days.

Most of the leaks to journos have been intentional and for the most part trying to manipulate various situations. Don’t think this is any different.

Summerville mainly plays left doesn’t he? Otherwise I’d be keen. I’d be all over Madueke personally. Bowen, I just don’t think he’ll leave West Ham but I think he’s a player who’d be successful here 

4 minutes ago, AJ9 said:

All three would be improvements on what we have.

True but that’s not saying much. Think we need an Isak or Gordon transformational type in the RW position not just merely an improvement. Minteh is an improvement on Almiron 

5 minutes ago, gdm said:

True but that’s not saying much. Think we need an Isak or Gordon transformational type in the RW position not just merely an improvement. Minteh is an improvement on Almiron 

Yep Gordon and Isak level 

Raphinha

Chiesa

Nico

Thats the level imo

Honestly sometimes even a slight upgrade in a player makes a hell of the difference to a team.

For all Miggys work rate a player with a right foot and ability to cross or lay the ball off will add another 5 chances per game.

It will also stretch other teams full backs knowing we are not just going to pass the ball backwards once we get into the final third