NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

I think we will have significant funds to spend on a GK, CB, RW and ST. This will require Matt Targett, Kieran Trippier, Callum WIlson and Miguel Almiron to be sold. 

No doubt we will have to sell again next summer. 

GK: Pope, New GK, Mark GIllespie

RB: Livramento, Krafth
RCB: Schar, New CB, Lacselles
LCB: Botman, Burn
LB: Hall, Kelly

RCM: Tonali, Longstaff
DM: Bruno, Miley
LCM: Joelinton, Willock
LW: Gordon, Barnes
ST: Isak, New ST

RW: New RW, Murphy

Young Squad Members: Alex Murphy, Alfie Harrison, Leo Shahar, Joe White

26 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Despite it getting to a bit of a desperate stage at the end, I’m glad we haven’t done any swap deals for players who weren’t our number one targets.

Still got a day to go!

Elanga might still be on his way.

Despite me having doubts about him as a player I still find it all very sad the way football squads are being controlled by these ill thought out rules. 

As for the fee seems a little cheap depending on his contract situation.

3 hours ago, aussiemag said:

I think we will have significant funds to spend on a GK, CB, RW and ST. This will require Matt Targett, Kieran Trippier, Callum WIlson and Miguel Almiron to be sold. 

No doubt we will have to sell again next summer. 

GK: Pope, New GK, Mark GIllespie

RB: Livramento, Krafth
RCB: Schar, New CB, Lacselles
LCB: Botman, Burn
LB: Hall, Kelly

RCM: Tonali, Longstaff
DM: Bruno, Miley
LCM: Joelinton, Willock
LW: Gordon, Barnes
ST: Isak, New ST

RW: New RW, Murphy

Young Squad Members: Alex Murphy, Alfie Harrison, Leo Shahar, Joe White

Happily were getting closer to the point when we have sellable reserve players - that squad looks ok to me (allowing for new additions)

10 minutes ago, STM said:

We are going to spend shit loads this summer. :lol:

Hope so. I’ve been gagging on for ages regarding a quality CM, and this was even before Anderson. I really think we will get one now despite other areas being massively important too. After all we play with a 3 in midfield and the drop in quality is quite steep if one or two is out injured/suspended. I see midfield as such a massively important area for a team to function properly. Really helps offence and defence very much. Sorry about going off topic here replying to your post :lol:  Doesn’t necessarily have to be a super expensive one, absolutely not. 

Edited by Ikon

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

If we're looking at Trippier, Almiron and Wilson leaving too it could be quite a busy window.

I've long suspected this could be a busy window. Too much noise around too many players.

I think we need it too. Possibly another 2/3 Livramento typed deals in the pipeline... and a couple of bangers.

We have had a phase where we have bought a lot of players but made little from sales, due to building up the squad depth that we need.

Now it is about upgrading those players and selling those coming towards the end of their careers or those who are not good enough for a Top Six squad, which is where we want to be consistently.

Presuming we have triggered the deal to sign Lewis Hall, I can see another 4 players coming in this summer with the same amount going in sales to help subsidise those signings.

We will turn a profit for PSR for last year now, if we can get somewhere close again this year then it should free up a lot of wiggle room for the following year.