Tino Livramento

Yorkie

6 minutes ago, Ottoman said:

Meanwhile we could sign a proven performer in jeremie frimpong for a fee slightly above that esp now that there isn't any competition on him

I’m inclined to just let Howe and Ashworth et al decide who they think is most appropriate recruitment wise 👍

18 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Frimpong won’t come cheap and isn’t fantastic defensively. I’m sure they’d ask for closer to 40m and more, as well.

I’d prefer Livramento tbh.

Not now they’ve sold Diaby for broadly what they were after. German clubs are a pig to deal with as a buyer.

8 minutes ago, Ottoman said:

Meanwhile we could sign a proven performer in jeremie frimpong for a fee slightly above that esp now that there isn't any competition on him

Why do you think the club are pursuing Livramento over the likes of Frimpong, if, according to yourself, he would be the better signing? 

you mention that the Frimpong fee would likely be slightly above that of Livramento. At the moment, it appears the Livramento transfer has stalled because Southampton do not want to accept our offer of paying via clauses most likely linked to appearances due to injury. The Frimpong fee would likely not include these clauses, so we would be paying the fee either all at once or in regular instalments which may not suit the club and its ffp requirements. 

Frimpong is 5’7” tall and Livramento is 6’ tall. It appears that Frimpong does not match the physical characteristics which the club is pursuing in this particular positional transfer. 

Livramento is a proven performer in the PL (if he can regain his pre-injury standard). Frimpong has played well in Scotland and now currently for Leverkusen, but there would still be a potentially small element of risk in whether he could transition to the more physical and demanding league in England. 

Livramentos current wage is around £7kpw. Frimpong is on around £25kpw. The club would potentially pay less for Livramento over the period of his contract should either sign for a pay rise. 

20 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Livramento played over 2000 minutes in the PL at 18/19. He's obviously highly rated and 30m is hardly outrageous for a player you view as Trippier's replacement.

Aye that's the point I was trying to make. Two years time it'll cost more than 40m to get the finished article ready to step in for Trippier.

There's an element of risk obviously but there is with all players, but if you can get Livramento for £35-40m now when he can used to our training, system, learn from Trippier and play some games along the way, we should be all-in. 

56 minutes ago, Ottoman said:

Frimpong isn’t very good though. And he’s too small. 

The club use all kinds of data models and factors when deciding what their value is for a particular player and we tend to stick to that quite rigidly.

I'm not sure why we bother. Might as well start putting it to a fan poll.

15 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

The club use all kinds of data models and factors when deciding what their value is for a particular player and we tend to stick to that quite rigidly.

I'm not sure why we bother. Might as well start putting it to a fan poll.

But do they use the best data source there is -THE OTTOMAN?

11 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

But do they use the best data source there is -THE OTTOMAN?

It's naturally going to be discussed, but I just understand why people get so bothered about it. It might seem on the high side, but if it meets the clubs valuation and we can afford it, crack on.

20 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

This is why it’s better to shop abroad no value in the English market. 

Anything over 30 million would be ridiculous, he’s done absolutely nowt and is just coming back from a serious injury.

I’m a big fan of the lad. Don’t think he’s done ‘absolutely nowt’ but the fee and the injury is mad. £110m+ for 3 English players without a single England cap is mad. Although I think Tino has the highest ceiling of the 3 and he would have the lowest cost. 

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Aye that's the point I was trying to make. Two years time it'll cost more than 40m to get the finished article ready to step in for Trippier.

There's an element of risk obviously but there is with all players, but if you can get Livramento for £35-40m now when he can used to our training, system, learn from Trippier and play some games along the way, we should be all-in. 

Aye.  But can anyone fully assess the impact of his injury at this stage? 

Chelsea bought Fofana just after an ACL (correction fibula fracture). He’s had another massive injury again. Wilson did his other ACL after injuring his first and is generally injury prone too. 

Again I’m a massive fan of the lad. Enjoyed him at Southampton.  Baller. But anything over £35m is surely mad. 

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

Chelsea bought Fofana just after an ACL (correction fibula fracture). He’s had another massive injury again. Wilson did his other ACL after injuring his first and is generally injury prone too. 

Again I’m a massive fan of the lad. Enjoyed him at Southampton.  Baller. But anything over £35m is surely mad. 

If we're bidding £30m the club clearly don't see it as a risk and must be basing it on ability and potential? I think we'll meet half way, around £35m with better payments and bonuses. 

40 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

It's naturally going to be discussed, but I just understand why people get so bothered about it. It might seem on the high side, but if it meets the clubs valuation and we can afford it, crack on.

Basically my view of every signing. Given we don’t know the budget and the plan for the players we buy, it’s pretty much impossible to judge. 

I basically consider about £30m the baseline for any functioning footballer. 

Just now, Tina Tooner said:

Fuckin hate when posters reply to other posters with 'i would rather let Howe and Ashworth decide what to do than you'. God forbid fans on a fan forum have an opinion.

That is also an opinion 

3 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

But how many players didn’t have a recurring injury? You can always make a point by cherry picking individual cases here and there.

There’s always an unknown in these things and we have a medical team that must be allowed to do their job.