Tino Livramento

Yorkie

Can't say I noticed him being class mind. Do sometimes wonder whether we see players through the lens of what we know players are capable of more than on a standard scale though.

For Tino, if he consistently gets to the level of PSG away, Man City and Man United in the cup last season he'll probably be the best full back in the world. By comparison, today he was decent.

He was immense second half defensively imho. Two great out balls to Isak that one could have been a goal. He’s gotta use his physical gifts more imho. 

Edited by Kanji

Defensively I thought he was good which is encouraging. Read the game well to cut things out a number of times and positioned himself well on crosses. We were very deep a lot of the game TBF though.

• 2 weeks later...

Said it a couple of times yesterday. But he was asked to play that box midfield role that Trippier did well at times last season. Didn’t seem like his game at all. He was pretty bad at it, in fact. 

He is more of a traditional full back who is great at pushing forward to support on or off the ball. His passing is nothing like Trippier’s or Hall’s and he wasn’t good receiving the ball in tight areas. 

He could learn that role in time, I guess. But sort of takes away what he’s good at.

Think he’s a brilliant defender. But I don’t feel he has done enough to be keeping Trippier out the side. Then again, I don’t know how bad things are behind the scenes in relation to that. 

Having competition with Tripps is fantastic for him. While Trippier has had good impact off the bench, we were hardly that great with him starting against Forest, so I don't think it's that simple. They're 2 very good tactical options to have throughout a season, like.

I'd love to see Tino with Tonali & Gordon playing ahead of him.

Tino will only improve but one aspect that is really disappointing with his game is his technique with the ball, he dosn't seem to be able to cross, shoot or play a good pass and the minute Trippier comes on it makes a world of difference having that ability on the right.

I would say though he's a better defender than Trippier and has more physical presence to keep up with pacy wingers, so i would still have him starting against a team like Fulham. But its good to have both options.

Aye Tino and Trippier couldn't be more different as right backs

I really think Tino has enough to be an elite RB, he has all the physical qualities in abundance, just needs to keep working on a few things 

But we do miss Trippier's ball playing ability when he isn't on

I appreciate this isn't what you lads are saying, but it's worth bearing in mind Trippier didn't look like a world beater at Livramento's age, either. Think he'd just been signed for Burnley by a Mr Howe, in fact.

It's certainly the case that out of the two of them, Hall is the natural heir though.

I think he’s very tidy on the ball but it’s more the quick feet  and ability to make a short pass, than proper progressive Trippier passing. 

I don’t know what the purpose of him inverting was. To stop counters?

If anyone should invert its Hall and to use it for him to help us progress and playmake. 

He’s a better defender than Tripps for sure.  For now it should be horses for courses for them both. I do prefer Libra to start because he’s that bit more solid defensively. 

23 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I think he’s very tidy on the ball but it’s more the quick feet  and ability to make a short pass, than proper progressive Trippier passing. 

I don’t know what the purpose of him inverting was. To stop counters?

If anyone should invert its Hall and to use it for him to help us progress and playmake. 

He’s a better defender than Tripps for sure.  For now it should be horses for courses for them both. I do prefer Libra to start because he’s that bit more solid defensively. 

Definitely agree Hall would be the better option to invert, he's seems a talented passer, and also means Tino is on the right of a back 3 so we have his 1v1 ability and recovery pace there 

Guess the risk is that means Burn is on the left of the 3 and after last season, Howe might not fancy that. Though we have Kelly now..

10 hours ago, Lush Vlad said:

Said it a couple of times yesterday. But he was asked to play that box midfield role that Trippier did well at times last season. Didn’t seem like his game at all. He was pretty bad at it, in fact. 

He is more of a traditional full back who is great at pushing forward to support on or off the ball. His passing is nothing like Trippier’s or Hall’s and he wasn’t good receiving the ball in tight areas. 

He could learn that role in time, I guess. But sort of takes away what he’s good at.

Think he’s a brilliant defender. But I don’t feel he has done enough to be keeping Trippier out the side. Then again, I don’t know how bad things are behind the scenes in relation to that. 

Agree on this score, and have found myself wondering with Tino: where is that hunger to take on his man/make that progressive pass that we saw so much last season. There were points last season where, without exaggeration, he was our most dangerous attacking player on the pitch. I wonder why we haven't seen that at all this season.

It's true he's no Trippier and we shouldn't expect him to be as they have different playstyles, but you do wonder where that attacking drive has gone with him. The defensive stoutness still seems to be there (bar some mistakes we've seen from him to start the season).

3 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

Maybe we can start looking at it as rotated, not dropped. Lots of games, need to make use of the whole team

Yeah, I think that's the way to see it on this occasion.