Harvey Barnes

khay

7 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

They’ve just come off their worst season for quite a long time. 

We drew a few games and people claimed Wilson was finished at PL level at one point this season :lol:

You'd think Trippier had the worst set pieces in the league if you read this forum too. 

Guest reefatoon
9 minutes ago, gdm said:

You must think he’s ‘class’ and if you don’t, don’t dare share that opinion

Nobody minds different opinions, but you have mentioned it non stop [emoji38]

We kind of get it now, you don’t rate him.

15 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

I mean nobody knows players better than the fans of the club he played for. So yeah, i'm sure he could be a frustrating player for them at times, if they say that, I believe it. I also believe his growth and potential was stunted under Rodgers and he'll now play for a club on the up and a brilliant coaching staff and better players. 

Those who know a player best are likely fans of the club he plays for, but it’s absolutely not the case that the club’s fans know the players best, if that makes sense. :lol: Plenty of relentless morons in every fanbase, including our own.

Solid player, PL career of 1 in 4 from LW, functional but not as exciting as his predecessor. I think he'll do well, be reliable and only improve under Howe. NGL losing Maxi to fund this deal though has taken the shine off it.

1 minute ago, reefatoon said:

Nobody minds different opinions, but you have mentioned it non stop [emoji38]

We kind of get it now, you don’t rate him.

It’s not even that I don’t rate him so u clearly haven’t been paying attention :lol: I do rate him he’s decent. Just not as good as people are trying to convince themselves he is.
I just don’t think he’s next level. We’ve got a defence that’s getting there, one of the best midfields in the league and we are spending £80m on to wingers that may or may not come good. 

It's fair enough not really understanding a signing, but it's mad how some people insist on trying to convince everybody that Howe, Ashworth, and the scouting team who got us into the Champions League, are infact completely wrong and they, a layman, are right.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

Guest reefatoon
Just now, gdm said:

It’s not even that I don’t rate him so u clearly haven’t been paying attention :lol: I do rate him he’s decent. Just not as good as people are trying to convince themselves he is.
I just don’t think he’s next level. We’ve got a defence that’s getting there, one of the best midfields in the league and we are spending £80m on to wingers that may or may not come good. 

I know fella, I have read you saying this on each page [emoji38] I get it.

Just now, reefatoon said:

I know fella, I have read you saying this on each page [emoji38] I get it.

So why u saying I don’t rate him when I’ve said he’s a decent PL player on ‘each page’ stop being all raging over nothing ‘fella’

Regardless of whether you rate him or not (I'm kind of in-between, fwiw), he's signing. I don't really see the point in going on and on about how he's shit, we'll all find out soon enough.

It is important to point out how Howe's coaching has consistently gotten the best out of a number of players, especially those with the profile of Barnes. Barnes likes a 1-2, keeps it simple, has a good finish on him, that's it. That will be perfect for the link play we like to execute on the wings. 

I think he'll do quite well. If he doesn't, he'll be gone. Hope he's a huge success.

Guest reefatoon
1 minute ago, gdm said:

So why u saying I don’t rate him when I’ve said he’s a decent PL player on ‘each page’ stop being all raging over nothing ‘fella’

[emoji38]

Guest reefatoon
Just now, Thumbheed said:

We need a seperate Barnes optimism thread

Just kick gdm out of this one and it will be.

A new way of viewing it: It's a little bit like getting rid of a full-on flair, glamorous player like David Ginola and replacing him with a more end-product-focused player (but less wow) like Laurent Robert. 

I'm in. 

4 minutes ago, Deuce said:

Those who know a player best are likely fans of the club he plays for, but it’s absolutely not the case that the club’s fans know the players best, if that makes sense. :lol: Plenty of relentless morons in every fanbase, including our own.

Oh absolutely. I just don't have an issue with a few fans saying things like "He's quality but can be frustrating", stuff like that. It's the enraged nonsense that I can't be bothered with. Also factor in they've been relegated and are losing some of their best players, being upset is natural.

Can't say the comments from Leicester fans fill me with a great deal of confidence, but it can be difficult to judge a player fairly in a shite team. 

Close to 80m on Barnes and Gordon is some outlay. I'm going to refrain from passing judgement for a while as I can see in theory why we've signed both, Gordon already looks to be improved and if anyone can develop players, its Howe. Whether either has the quality to be mainstays in a top 5 side, I'm not convinced but we'll see.

3 minutes ago, kingxlnc said:

A new way of viewing it: It's a little bit like getting rid of a full-on flair, glamorous player like David Ginola and replacing him with a more end-product-focused player (but less wow) like Laurent Robert. 

I'm in. 

If Harvey Barnes is going to be as great to watch as Laurent Robert I would be fairly 'in' too. Happy to trust your judgement on this!

Considering the stats and what we've seen so far, it looks like Harvey Barnes is what Gordon might become if he achieves his full potential. Which makes his 40m transfer fee outrageous.

9 hours ago, Kanji said:

Barnes shooting technique with both feet from inside and outside of the box makes me think he’s far less a pass and move into space and hit with his preferred foot player like Almiron generally has shown. Barnes is someone who you can’t show a specific way because he isn’t 1 footed, and his assists looked pretty damn good when he had a settled CF playing regularly. We will have Isak and Wilson. Dumbing down his game is a bit classic NO as you can get. 

Elite sides exploit space through passing and movement. 

£80m on English wingers that don’t make the England squad.