Harvey Barnes

khay

31 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

There was a narrative forming around Maddison about not fully judging him in a downtrodden relegated side - “he’d be back to his best, etc.” For some reason Barnes isn’t being afforded the same. He’s also being criticized for various deficiencies, while glossing over his output in the most important stat. I’d hope at this point most would be confident that we know his weaknesses, we know where we think he can improve, and we know how he improves the team.

Also, you can’t call it a like for like sideways swap with ASM (if we do sell him) without acknowledging that that swap could essentially pay for another player.

If he was called Harvé Barnaud...

Just now, elbee909 said:

Apparently if you take away his legs, he's rubbish at football 

Never seen so much piffle as that Tweet. :lol:

Different players have different abilities, if we've found a 1 in 3 goal scorer with a few weaknesses then fucking hell I'm all in. There's been nothing to suggest the goals are going to dry up the last few years and he's going to have players like Bruno and Tonali feeding him, plus Trippier's delivery from the right when he cuts in from the wing. 

2 minutes ago, Shak said:

Perhaps it's possible to prefer one of ASM or Barnes without pretending the other is shite?

If Maximin is staying and we add Barnes for the price reported I dont see whats wrong with this transfer. Its very good indeed.

Doing a bit of Dennis Wising. 

He's a striker basically. Natural goalscorer. Two good feet. Instinctive. Fox in the box. Direct. It seems like everything is about the quickest route to goal. Perhaps he doesn't dribble past people but he seems to power past people, on the shoulder.

Perhaps finding a left forward, rather than a LW, is another string to our bow. I feel like Barnes is entirely different to our other wide players.

I said a while ago I'd rather have him than maddison, he's absolute quality.

We are also getting a strong nucleus of English players, some people might not think that's important but it helps create a strong bond when you also think of the international set up 

1 hour ago, Pata said:

His stats didn’t really win games last season though. :bluestar:

Because their defence was basically throwing it into their own net. They must have lost more games from winning positions than any other team last season.

2 minutes ago, STM said:

Doing a bit of Dennis Wising. 

He's a striker basically. Natural goalscorer. Two good feet. Instinctive. Fox in the box. Direct. It seems like everything is about the quickest route to goal. Perhaps he doesn't dribble past people but he seems to power past people, on the shoulder.

Perhaps finding a left forward, rather than a LW, is another string to our bow. I feel like Barnes is entirely different to our other wide players.

He might have some different attributes but we already have ASM and Gordon who naturally play in that left side attacking position and Joelinton, Willock and Isak who have been keeping them out of the starting line-up.

I know we need squad depth but, unless ASM is leaving, it seems like we would be very overloaded in that position.

3 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

He might have some different attributes but we already have ASM and Gordon who naturally play in that left side attacking position and Joelinton, Willock and Isak who have been keeping them out of the starting line-up.

I know we need squad depth but, unless ASM is leaving, it seems like we would be very overloaded in that position.

Yeah, I think Joelinton will gradually end up more central. We need depth in the centre and while Willock finds himself in wide areas, he rarely starts in that position. Isak needs to find his groove up front.

Also, I think ASM will be sold. Seems inevitable to me.

You don't need to be a good player to have good stats, but he has good stats. Almost as good as Bowen or Saka. I'm sure our management team knows how to maximise his potential and strengths.

He’s not good enough, he can’t dribble, take away his goals hes crap, look at ASM’s xA for goodness sake. I’m done with this club.

scores v villa on that first Sunday

He’s f***ing brilliant, he’s such a good finisher, what a signing, Eddie Howe you legend. What a f***ing club we are!!!!!

seen it all before.

11 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

If he played predominately on the right would people be happier with this transfer?

Yeah, actually I think so. I don’t think we’re maintaining top 4 with Almiron and Murphy. So if he was predominantly a RW with those numbers I think it’d make more sense. 

8 minutes ago, Toon88 said:

He’s not good enough, he can’t dribble, take away his goals hes crap, look at ASM’s xA for goodness sake. I’m done with this club.

scores v villa on that first Sunday

He’s f***ing brilliant, he’s such a good finisher, what a signing, Eddie Howe you legend. What a f***ing club we are!!!!!

seen it all before.

The fuck is this garbage?

4 hours ago, ATB said:

To be honest, I get quite anoyed about this Maxi love that keep poping up. Regardless of Barnes I would drive Maxi myself to whatever. He makes us a worse team and we can bebetter of him. Flair? thats not a thing in the 20s. just look at Man City. You need the skillset but the output and efficenty is way more important. being a selfish player and your out from City. Should be the same here.

Out of interest do you go to games either home, away or both?

We may be thinking maxi Barnes for the left. Miggy gordon for the right. For rotation. That would mean tonali bruno Willock joe Longstaff and Anderson rotation options for the middle of the park. Makes us a lot stronger.