Harvey Barnes

khay

Agreed on the position, I like him and we need a player who can score from 20 yards but we needed that player on our right. I still think he’ll be overall a good signing for us but there were some priority signings we needed before him 

7 minutes ago, James said:

Weren’t some Leicester fans saying he could be a bit static and lazy. That’s what we saw tonight. Don’t see how he fits in a Howe team

We saw similar from Joe W tonight. Could also be they're just coming back from long term injuries and just playing their way back.

Hoping it’s just match sharpness, and still getting to know team due to missing large periods, but not only was he poor tonight, I’ve not been sold on him yet.

Seems more a moment player so far rather then out right performance. Which at £40m isn’t ideal. Hopefully by end of season we start to see more as both of the points highlighted at start improve.

Poor game today but christ, people making their judgements on him already when he's had no chance to do anything yet.

Hell, saving us vs Luton is more noteworthy than his poor performance tonight but this performance tonight seems 'it' for people.

Would love him to prove me wrong, one decent cut in and shot over the bar, still early days but just don’t see him offering the creativity where crying out for, looks very predictable in the attacking 3rd.

1 minute ago, Whitley mag said:

Would love him to prove me wrong, one decent cut in and shot over the bar, still early days but just don’t see him offering the creativity where crying out for, looks very predictable in the attacking 3rd.

Agreed. Early days and all that but Doesn’t seem to have any dribbling ability. 

He will come good and as stated earlier the goal against Luton was vital. If memory serves he scored in pre-season and on the first day with great runs into the box which I think he used to do for Leicester as well. Will be a useful option to have.

6 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

Agreed. Early days and all that but Doesn’t seem to have any dribbling ability. 

He’s not really a dribbler, he’s more like an efficiency player. Gets the ball, makes a decision and an action, executes a shot (usually). 

See him as much more a wide forward than a creative player. 

He was wank tonight of course. 

23 minutes ago, Aiston said:

Poor game today but christ, people making their judgements on him already when he's had no chance to do anything yet.

Hell, saving us vs Luton is more noteworthy than his poor performance tonight but this performance tonight seems 'it' for people.

That's the forum right now, only able to look past two previous games at most.

He’s getting similar reviews as to what Gordon got after a couple of games. We know how that ended up.

He’s been injured most of the season but has still been a handful in the majority of games he’s played.

He’s a vast improvement on Murphy.

Some ridiculous overreaction from some

It's fine to say he was poor because he was but talk of sending him back or questioning the signing is absurd

He's been injured for a long time so we need to be patient whilst he builds up his fitness

6 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

He’s not really a dribbler, he’s more like an efficiency player. Gets the ball, makes a decision and an action, executes a shot (usually). 

See him as much more a wide forward than a creative player. 

He was wank tonight of course. 

Yeah, from the few times I saw him at Leicester, this is what I thought. I’m banking on Eddie being able to make it work with him, but I’m skeptical.

Ropey performance but he hit that ball beautifully for that long range effort, which is a somewhat encouraging sign. We could really do with someone (other than our CB) who can ping one from outside the box - it's definitely something we've lacked in our attacking arsenal. 

Just now, Yorkie said:

Ropey performance but he hit that ball beautifully for that long range effort, which is a somewhat encouraging sign. We could really do with someone (other than our CB) who can ping one from outside the box - it's definitely something we've lacked in our attacking arsenal. 

100% need someone who can just lash it. I know the game has changed but how many times did Lampard and Gerrard shitping one to save their teams.

Not sure if Tonali has that in his locker

7 hours ago, Rafalove said:

Yeah, from the few times I saw him at Leicester, this is what I thought. I’m banking on Eddie being able to make it work with him, but I’m skeptical.

If he’s going to be playing as IF, then we probably need the LB to be providing the width then, otherwise it ends up easier to mark him.

Feels we’re stuck between two places. Don’t play with full backs hitting byline, so go centrally, but then we don’t have the players to move the ball around quickly centrally except Bruno. Ends up in stodgy stuff like last night. Feels we’ve got the personal to change it though, which would help with Barnes. Off topic, but felt Gordon was good through middle (finishing aside). Constant great movement and run, which enabled space for Barnes who just needed to hit the back post more instead of staying safe outside.

He was always a player for Howe’s “intensity is our identity” system rather than anything else. Run Gordon into the ground for 60-65 mins then Barnes comes on to do the same to the opposition right back.

3 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

He was always a player for Howe’s “intensity is our identity” system rather than anything else. Run Gordon into the ground for 60-65 mins then Barnes comes on to do the same to the opposition right back.

I'm not sure that's true, Barnes has never really been a grafter.