Harvey Barnes

khay

26 minutes ago, Sempiternal said:

This is gonna sound very “play schar in midfield” but legit think Barnes could do a job up front, maximizes a lot of what he’s good at. 

Cutting in from the left wing?

26 minutes ago, Sempiternal said:

This is gonna sound very “play schar in midfield” but legit think Barnes could do a job up front, maximizes a lot of what he’s good at. 

He's always been more a finisher than an assist merchant. 

Agree he'd be good up top, but only if we are playing in the break. 

36 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

I mean even in his post-match interview he's boring, but I'll gladly take goals and goal contributions over step overs any day.

Its definitely a good thing, I’m just saying efficiency is a big part of his style. 

36 minutes ago, Newcastle Fan said:

It's a bit annoying that we got both him and Gordon on the left and no one decent on the right. superb from the bench today.

Minteh coming in the summer! 

1 hour ago, Sempiternal said:

If i remember correctly he played striker for Rodgers last year next to Vardy/Iheanacho so maybe not a too unrealistic idea.

57 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

How many would he have scored if he was available all season? What’s he on now in what seems like about 6 games worth of minutes? 4? 

I felt he’d get 15 (all comps) pre-season.

Feel like that was a fair shout.

2 hours ago, pubteam said:

This lad certainly knows how to strike a ball.

Thought his slide to get on the end of the cross (by Murphy?) was stellar as well, was a great run into the penalty area.

So thrilled for the lad just watched back his goals - would be a much welcome grace if he can build on this form for the final push this season... We could use a miggy-esque purple patch

That shoulder drop feign to let it roll across him and touch and shoot for the winner was the stuff of absolute filthy dreams. Lord. 

3 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

He is boring TBF, he’s just very efficient and doesn’t bother doing anything that’s unnecessary. 

The way he explodes into the space Isak left when he dropped deep to get the ball for Barnes' first goal was absolutely fantastic.

Isak then delivers an excellent through ball for him to be in one in one for the goal.

The ball from Isak was top class, but for me the run from Barnes is just as exciting. In fact the run is so good it encourages the pass from Isak.

Actually quite enjoy Barnes' more direct style and dangerous off the ball runs.

2 hours ago, Newcastle Fan said:

It's a bit annoying that we got both him and Gordon on the left and no one decent on the right. superb from the bench today.

Gordon is perfectly fine on the right. I wouldn't mind seeing Barnes-Isak-Gordon on a regular basis. I suppose Gordon up top when Isak needs a rest.

edit: Posted right at the same time as the intelligent fellow above.

Edited by McDog

5 minutes ago, KaKa said:

The way he explodes into the space Isak left when he dropped deep to get the ball for Barnes' first goal was absolutely fantastic.

Isak then delivers an excellent through ball for him to be in one in one for the goal.

The ball from Isak was top class, but for me the run from Barnes is just as exciting. In fact the run is so good it encourages the pass from Isak.

Actually quite enjoy Barnes' more direct style and dangerous off the ball runs.

It is/was the biggest weakness of ASM's game, once he got the ball he was electric but his movement without it meant he didn't really tend to receive the ball in great positions.