Harvey Barnes

khay

The fact that Gordon can play both sides is great.

Bring in a top class RW option and let Gordon, Barnes and the new signing rotate the three spots.

I think I'd like to see Minteh stay with us next season. Could see him being a cracking option off the bench in the last 20 minutes of games.

Will depend on whether we have European football though.

In simple terms, you can either finish or you can’t. You might score a few and go on a bit of a run without ever looking comfortable. Barnes is a fairly average PL winger but his movement and finishing is top class, you can’t coach that, the winner was a thing of beauty.

18 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

In simple terms, you can either finish or you can’t. You might score a few and go on a bit of a run without ever looking comfortable. Barnes is a fairly average PL winger but his movement and finishing is top class, you can’t coach that, the winner was a thing of beauty.

Think that really depends on what you mean by average. 

14 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Opinion changed at all today?

Not in the slightest. It's funny, you have a negative opinion over a lengthy period, and its considered a sin on here, but if its countered in 20mins then its wrong. If you back your opinions its hindsight, but if you call someone out, then it's fine.

He's got a long way to go to tell me we sold ASM for £23m and bought him for £36m, to say it was the right decision. Today helps tip that balance...but it's a long way to go. Try bringing this up when he's played a few games in a row and he's part of a winning squad, not 20mins back from 2 injury periods just so you can crow. :thup:

He’s not particularly quick or skilful, doesn’t hit the line and put crosses in. He does make fantastic runs for others to pick and he’s a finisher. It’s almost like he shouldn’t play on the wing, never going to be a centre forward, not going to play off a centre forward either. He’s a bit of a one off in what he offers. 

15 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Not in the slightest. It's funny, you have a negative opinion over a lengthy period, and its considered a sin on here, but if its countered in 20mins then its wrong. If you back your opinions its hindsight, but if you call someone out, then it's fine.

He's got a long way to go to tell me we sold ASM for £23m and bought him for £36m, to say it was the right decision. Today helps tip that balance...but it's a long way to go. Try bringing this up when he's played a few games in a row and he's part of a winning squad, not 20mins back from 2 injury periods just so you can crow. :thup:

So it’s changed slightly after all

1 hour ago, Kanji said:

That shoulder drop feign to let it roll across him and touch and shoot for the winner was the stuff of absolute filthy dreams. Lord. 

His first touch on both goals was fantastic. I've seen so many of our forwards move the ball wide, but on the first goal he cut inside the defender effectively blocking him from making a tackle otherwise it's a pen.

1 hour ago, Tsunami said:

He’s not particularly quick or skilful, doesn’t hit the line and put crosses in. He does make fantastic runs for others to pick and he’s a finisher. It’s almost like he shouldn’t play on the wing, never going to be a centre forward, not going to play off a centre forward either. He’s a bit of a one off in what he offers. 

I keep seeing this mentioned and find it extremely disrespectful (not necessarily aimed at you, BTW). His touch is as sure as most and his first touch this afternoon for the winner epitomises that. He's not going to pull out a couple of stepovers or a flip-flap, but he's technically sound. 

1 hour ago, Tsunami said:

I know what you're saying, but outside of probably Isak there is no other player capable of that shimmy and shot for the winner in the side currently. It was pure clutch. 

19 minutes ago, Kanji said:

1 v 1 in the 90th to win a cup final - it’s Isak or Barnes who’s putting it away. 

Both of them

8 hours ago, NEEJ said:

I keep seeing this mentioned and find it extremely disrespectful (not necessarily aimed at you, BTW). His touch is as sure as most and his first touch this afternoon for the winner epitomises that. He's not going to pull out a couple of stepovers or a flip-flap, but he's technically sound. 

I was going to say the same thing. His winner yesterday was following a world class first touch that destroyed Kalvin Phillips followed by an absolute arrow into the far corner. How that isn't considered skillful is beyond me.

11 hours ago, Tsunami said:

I loved maxi, but the stats for minutes on the pitch for goals between him and Barnes tells a lot 

Seems to like the gallowgate as well Barnes 

30 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

I was going to say the same thing. His winner yesterday was following a world class first touch that destroyed Kalvin Phillips followed by an absolute arrow into the far corner. How that isn't considered skillful is beyond me.

"Lads, it was Kalvin Phillips lol".

9 hours ago, Adam said:

I absolutely love seeing someone particularly from a seated position but also from a standing position just leaping miles into the air when a goal goes in. It's like a one off situation in life where it happens. When that goal goes in it's proper celebrations. Crowd seems to go wild.

12 hours ago, Shak said:

The fact that Gordon can play both sides is great.

Bring in a top class RW option and let Gordon, Barnes and the new signing rotate the three spots.

I think I'd like to see Minteh stay with us next season. Could see him being a cracking option off the bench in the last 20 minutes of games.

Will depend on whether we have European football though.

Agreed, although i'd throw big Joe in that rotation too. I love him on the left.

10 hours ago, Parsley said:

I know what you're saying, but outside of probably Isak there is no other player capable of that shimmy and shot for the winner in the side currently. It was pure clutch. 

IMG_1613.png.25fe1bc79ec39f40f6b2b95d1f149b19.png