Harvey Barnes

khay

3 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

He put it on a plate for someone today when probably could have taken it himself, maybe a Gordon chance?

First half? 

21 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Has been better for us in general play than he was for Leicester most of the time imo. Great to see. 

Going past players time after time.

1 minute ago, Skeletor said:

Much as I hate Klopp, he knows a player when he sees one and he wanted Barnes a while back. Boy's a baller.

Would suit Liverpool with his directness. 

9 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

Much as I hate Klopp, he knows a player when he sees one and he wanted Barnes a while back. Boy's a baller.

He also wanted Jamal Lewis once 😀

Jamal Lewis was broken by Bruce. Shame he was one of the few players Howe couldn’t rescue after Bruce era, because he was a good attacking LB at Norwich. 

Could we see him and Anderson called up for Scotland before the Euros perhaps? McCoist mentioned it during the game, I think both would struggle to break into the England squad regularly.

6 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

Could we see him and Anderson called up for Scotland before the Euros perhaps? McCoist mentioned it during the game, I think both would struggle to break into the England squad regularly.

Barnes with a season without injury under Howe might, especially if we ship Southgate after he fails with the best England group in forever.

Is this lad’s game developing under Howe. Feel he’s carrying the ball better than ever and passing better but I didn’t watch him a ton at Leicester 

2 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Is this lad’s game developing under Howe. Feel he’s carrying the ball better than ever and passing better but I didn’t watch him a ton at Leicester 

He's way more involved than I expected him to be based on his Leicester days. Rodgers must've been tactically instructing him to stay out of the game. 

I loved the Anderson overlap today. Teams have to defend inside due to Barnes ability to shoot. He had a lovely run today similar to the Fulham winner where he just runs at the defender then suddenly goes around the outside. Lots more to come as he builds those connections with Isak Gordon etc. 

I know his assist numbers were good at Leicester. But only really noticed him for his goals. 

In limited appearances. I think he’s unlucky not to have a few more assists. He’s got an eye for a pass and also goes past his man down the line easier than I realised. 

I really hope he can play the rest of the season with Isak and Gordon. They were outstanding today and it’s mental that’s the first time they’ve started together. 

He’s a better footballer than I expected. I think he’s better with the ball, passing and striking it than Gordon, actually. Not necessarily a better player but has better technique and very good vision. Delighted he’s contributing as much as he is. Should be fresh and raring to go for the run in.

Loved that moment near the end when he cut inside and looked like he was going to pull the trigger only to play an inch perfect ball into the onrushing Anthony Gordon inside the box. It would have been so easy at 3 or 4 nil to just think "fuck it, let's have a go". The guy is up there for me.

On 14/04/2024 at 00:42, Lush Vlad said:

I know his assist numbers were good at Leicester. But only really noticed him for his goals. 

In limited appearances. I think he’s unlucky not to have a few more assists. He’s got an eye for a pass and also goes past his man down the line easier than I realised. 

I really hope he can play the rest of the season with Isak and Gordon. They were outstanding today and it’s mental that’s the first time they’ve started together. 

I remember having this discussion with someone before the season, because I noticed he was top 3 assists for one season. I was told that he was just lucky because his xA wasn't telling the same story, so this wasn't really a part of his game at all.[emoji38] 

Edited by Erikse