Newcastle United vs. Aston Villa: 12/08/23 @ 17:30 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

1 hour ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I know the theory about bedding players in but it will be really hard to leave Barnes out.

Guess he’ll come on anyway

This was my thinking behind why I would start Gordon over Barnes on the left.

You start Gordon because he's had a great pre season with us and England, he's full of confidence and he deserve the chance. Then at 60 mins you can bring on Barnes, regardless of how well Gordon is doing.

4 hours ago, Jaqen said:

That's what LFEE was arguing for, no? 75-80 minutes of actual football. The average match right now is only 55 minutes of football. 75-80 minutes is a massive increase. You won't even get that in games that go to ET. 

4 hours ago, El Prontonise said:

I thought we were talking about the new rules?  No that's stupid talk.

I was talking about the new rules. The normal seems to be 69mins. So 6mins of actual football is not a massive increase. Nor does 11mins 🙂

16 hours ago, Geogaddi said:

Villa definitely peaked in that 3-0 game, they only won 3 out the last 7 league games after that, was just one of them games where everything they did worked and combined with our worst performance of the season, it just makes Villa look way better than they actually are. If they played like that every week they would win the league.

Agreed.  I watched a couple villa games before and after ours and they looked ok before us and poor after.  They went on a fantastic run but were not blowing teams away.  I think we could struggle against them as our system suits them.  I think Villa and Brighton look very good against a team that wants to press, so we tend to see the best of them.  The XG expected vs actual highlights this to a degree that we were where we “should” have been.  Villa ended up higher than expected.  

Edit - having said that I think they’ve done well in the transfer window and playing and combining that with them playing in the conference I think they will end up above us this year.  

Edited by KetsbaiaIsBald

47 minutes ago, JackieDoor said:

Still them youth tickets left.

Shambolic by club when people are desperate for tickets. Nothing to stop them re-categorising these to adult tickets.

Trust should be all over this incompetence.

I think there’ll be quite a few empty seats on Saturday ticketing is a shambles.

Edited by Whitley mag

They're really pushing fans to get in early, even got the players to record a message saying so. Guess they're anticipating this going absolutely tits up. 

I'll be 8 pints deep and getting to the ground any time between 17:05-17:20 like in any normal previous season for a 17:30 kick off.

Edited by HaydnNUFC