Newcastle United vs. Aston Villa: 12/08/23 @ 17:30 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

Its going to be interesting to see how Howe deals with the Isak/Wilson situation from the start. I personally would like to see Isak start every game when fit so hopefully he starts here. Tough game to call really, Villa are a very good team. Obviously hope we win but could see any result here. 

3 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

YouTube embedding requiring me to prove I’m not a robot on Safari. Anyone else got this?

IMG_0221.thumb.jpeg.72e2eaf818112a6460b95d099b88e8ad.jpeg

Notice there's no attempt to type the characters out in that screenshot.

iieAwEy.gif

We're good at SJP so I think we'll get a result in a tight game. Villa won their last seven games at home but were 2-3-2 in their last seven away. Our last seven at home were 5-1-1 and 4-2-1 away.

I think we'll go conservative in midfield, so no Tonali or Anderson. Longstaff Bruno JL7. Longstaff didn't play at Villa Park and was seen as a factor in us being over-run. Tonali struggled physically with Villa in the USA friendly, so I see him as unlikely to start.

Up front, I think we'll see Miggy right, Isak central and Gordon. Barnes is a decent shout though, especially if we have a conservative midfield. If it's Gordon, I'd expect more of him than at Villa Park. He already looks a different player.