Football Tactics Nerds

arnonel

17 minutes ago, arnonel said:

Great channel, and interesting take on Eddie Howe system

I love the way Howe have us playing. One of the negative thing I find is that our central backs(especially when we have the ball) are to far away from each other and I think teams will notice this and exploit this like we saw Aston Villa did. Whenever Villa won the ball they tried to instantly thred the ball directly threw our central defenders. Neither Botman nor Schar imo have the gratest accelration which make them struggle in these type of situations. I do hope we figure this out without disrupting the way we play.

21 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Do the chaps making these tactics videos have any coaching badges or any experience of coaching of sorts? Or are they all just trying to sound really clever and clued up and trying to make a name for themselves?

Stop gegenpressing the poor guys. 

2 hours ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Do the chaps making these tactics videos have any coaching badges or any experience of coaching of sorts? Or are they all just trying to sound really clever and clued up and trying to make a name for themselves?

Tbf a lot of the popular Youtube tactic chanels are decent (until they branch out and start doing podcasts 'n that). Nobody is going to watch 10 minute videos about absolute nonsense so it's probably pretty hard to be completely shit and compete with the likes of 4-4-2, JLA and Tifo etc.

The problem with that Olsen gimp isn't that he has a lack of knowlege (he's probably pretty good at analysing a game) it's that he and people like him buzz over noticing things they've been trained in (whether professionally or through their own work) and need need to inform everyone that they've spotted it. They then get popular through oeople laughing at them - if he's self aware enough he'll just be playing along.

Edited by Hanshithispantz