Newcastle United 5-1 Aston Villa - 12/08/23

Disco

2 minutes ago, TRon said:

I wouldn't fancy our chances of defending an empty net, no matter how many defenders are back there. He brought Miggy down precisely because he didn't fancy their chances either.

It might be a silly rule but the location of and the number of defenders back is a direct factor in whether or not it's a red card.

Screenshot_20230812_184154_X.thumb.jpg.3b4486c5b85b6a5cfbaacb6eda18acb0.jpg

It's a yellow card. 

One of those ones that you're calling for a red if you're the attacker but a yellow if you're the defending side. 10 yards more infield and there's a decision to be made. 

Just now, Pokerprince2004 said:

Finally Cash is booked. If he'd been booked first half he'd have had to let Gordon go 😠

Nah the yellow card just wouldn't have been given and we'd get some half-arsed justification from the commentators.

2 minutes ago, CPL said:

I think the angle and the covering defender meant it was a yellow card if I'm taking my biased hat off for a minute.

Doesnt have to shoot from that angle or even shoot himself though if not brought down, its an extremely dangerous attacking scenario. One of the defenders effectively becomes the goalkeeper when the goalkeeper is indisposed. If there was only one player typically between the attacker and keeper he'd be the 'last man'.  With my too tense to be altruistic about it hat on admittedly.

2 minutes ago, Froggy said:

It might be a silly rule but the location of and the number of defenders back is a direct factor in whether or not it's a red card.

Screenshot_20230812_184154_X.thumb.jpg.3b4486c5b85b6a5cfbaacb6eda18acb0.jpg

It's a yellow card. 

One of those ones that you're calling for a red if you're the attacker but a yellow if you're the defending side. 10 yards more infield and there's a decision to be made. 

It's a blatant misinterpretation of the rule.