Newcastle United 5-1 Aston Villa - 12/08/23

Disco

3 minutes ago, Oregon_Geordie said:

What a team. What a Manager. Great start and the confidence we need for the next 2.

Tonali, prime Italian baller there in the middle - one driven premium mother fucker that kid.

Gordon was a top draw. Great start to my day! HWTL's!

Superb assessment :love:

1 minute ago, andycap said:

I thought the Wilson goal looked offside did anyone else? 

Yeah I was only watching it on my phone but it looked offside even on the replays. Will be interesting to see MOTD tonight on a big screen.

2 minutes ago, Collage said:

Journalism these days… HOW IMPORTANT WAS IT? HOW MUCH DOES IT MEAN? Would like players to just answer something like ”eh…about 7,5”

I don't think he even realised Isak speaks perfect English, asking his questions in such a slow an laboured fashion.

Just now, Chris_R said:

Yeah I was only watching it on my phone but it looked offside even on the replays. Will be interesting to see MOTD tonight on a big screen.

Is it taking from the arm or his hip if its the arm he was a good foot offside

Well I didn't see that coming.

I thought some of the interchange was on a new level, then there was the simple delicate passes, the precision in timed through balls,

total refined work. I'm starting to understand how top four sides feel, when they've had this luxury of taking off players and being able to bring on the same quality or close to, and still inflict pain on your opposition. 

Because its such a positive start I didn't want to throw any negatives, I've not read through yet, but Bruno seemed off today? Perhaps he just wasn't up to speed as the others, not sure how others saw him? I thought everyone worked really hard though, Isak, Tripps, Botman, Gordon, then the subs, Barnes had an awesome cameo, Murphy pass was a thread to behold.

And then, there was SANDROOOO!

Big up man!

Congratulations 

West Ham fan here

genuinely wishing you well for the season

Nice to see what I regard as probably the best supported team in England finally in with a shot of winning the title 

I honestly think Howe is a better manager than guardiola 

u put Howe in charge of Luton this year and they stay up

u put Guardiola in charge and they go down, blokes managed with a silver spoon don’t rate him at all

think my teams done for this year, hence why I rate you guys so highly for not letting up on Ashley, if only we’d do the same to Sullivan 

anyway 

all the best 

A win would have been success but ended up a statement that.

Imagine coming out of a first game and seeing a growing threatening team that finished 4th just laced a well fancied, big spending team that finished 7th liek that. I'd be intimidated.

Wasn't dominant like you'd imagine 5-1's to be until then end but there's different ways to skin that cat and a well justified win against supposedly a very good opponent, and its has to be earned and was.