Lewis Hall

Paully

1 minute ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

We are not just building a strong first team but a quality squad.

The drop off from first 11 to the bench is getting tighter and that's going to make a massive difference this year.

Will only benefit the group

:thup: All whilst looking to the future, too. 

Edited by wormy

He'll surely be first choice as long as he's upto the fitness levels required. I wouldn't pay nigh on 30 million for a leftback to come in only to sit behind a good at best burn in the position. Otherwise might aswell of bought tierney instead. 

4 minutes ago, andycap said:

He'll surely be first choice as long as he's upto the fitness levels required. I wouldn't pay nigh on 30 million for a leftback to come in only to sit behind a good at best burn in the position. Otherwise might aswell of bought tierney instead. 

It will be probably depend on who we’re playing as well. If we’re up against a bottom 10 team at home, I can see Hall starting. Against City or Arsenal away, Burn should start. If Hall is good enough, he’ll earn the position by the start of next season. 

48 minutes ago, Hot Since 1882 said:

Chelsea could be going into this season with a solid amount of their squad coming from their academy over past few years, but instead have just a squad of players brought in for close to a £1Bn? and in no better position for it. Can date this problem going back to losing De Bruyne, Salah, Lukaku first time round. 

Not to say every player has to be the best, but you need a balanced squad - for every Bruno/Tonali, Longstaff has their place. Would boil my piss if I was a Chelsea fan to see players come through the academy, loaned out and then just leave. FFP or not, worth billions or not - surely it's still financially better however rich you are to not have to continually have to sell Peter, to buy Paul. 

£113M on Lukaku, just to replace Tammy Abraham sold for £40M... Christansen, Tomori, Geuhi all leaving close to one another, replaced with £300-£350M odd on Badiashile, Koulibaly, Fofano, Disasi.   

FYP in bold :lol: Mental the quality of players they've let go on account of not giving their youth players a chance to prove themselves.

5 minutes ago, andycap said:

He's not going to be first choice, just like Livramento isn't going to be first choice either.

We had the best defence in the league last season with Man City. The manager isn't going to just throw an 18 year old in there.

30 minutes ago, vicente_14 said:

They originally planned to tie him down to a 6 year contract and loan him to Palace.
Seems the contract was withdrawn as they realised they needed to bring funds in for FFP reasons.
And from reading some reports, the player wanted us once we became an option rather than a loan to Palace. (sensible lad!)

Struggle to see Chelsea are a bigger attraction than us to a player in his situation. He's got Chillwell, Cucarella and whoever else in front of him - he probably sees himself PL ready, so unless their going to give him some stupid size contract, why would he want to stick around there. 

Wouldn't what Armando Broja is looking like after his injury - happily take him off Chelsea's hands for under £20M if he's anything like what he showed at Southampton prior injury. 

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

He's not going to be first choice, just like Livramento isn't going to be first choice either.

We had the best defence in the league last season with Man City. The manager isn't going to just throw an 18 year old in there.

I disagree I think he's well capable of playing for us now. Everytime ive seen him for chelsea he's never looked out of place and usually was one of the bright spots in there piss poor season. 

1 minute ago, andycap said:

I disagree I think he's well capable of playing for us now. Everytime ive seen him for chelsea he's never looked out of place and usually was one of the bright spots in there piss poor season. 

We'll see. Think you're going to be disappointed.

He'll be a squad player that comes in at the right moments for a good number of games as he continues to develop IMO.

14 minutes ago, andycap said:

We've just paid 40 million for a kid who won't play ahead of trippier

They're signings for the future but they'll get plenty minutes still

Just now, KaKa said:

He'll be a squad player that comes in at the right moments for a good number of games as he continues to develop IMO.

Yeah, i agree.  He will play cups and games where we have had europe the same week.  I imagine the starting back four will be the same as last season.

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

We probably need to start thinking more along the lines of how strong are the pair of players we have for each position, rather than who is 'first choice'. 

Aye good to have competition and choices

But in the big games you'll see Howe playing what he thinks his best 11 is.

Which for this season will include Burn at left back

1 hour ago, Anderson said:

Uefa has since clarified FFP rules to state that loan deals with “conditional obligation to buy [that is] virtually certain . . . must be recognised by both clubs as a permanent transfer from the inception of the loan agreement”. 

https://www.ft.com/content/9bd82b30-caf2-11e9-a1f4-3669401ba76f

No idea if it differs to the PL rules, know they're not always aligned.

Can’t help but laugh at the language UEFA uses here. Just begging for loopholes and debate.

Here’s the full thing: 

“Loan of a player from the lender club to the new club with a conditional obligation to buy:

- If a condition is considered to be virtually certain, then the player’s registration must be recognised by both clubs as a permanent transfer from the inception of the loan agreement. 

- If the fulfilment of a condition cannot be assessed with sufficient certainty to trigger the permanent transfer from the inception of the loan, then the player’s registration must be recognised first as a loan and then as a permanent transfer once the condition is met.”

So really it depends on where the line is with “virtually certain.” I’m guessing there’s an unofficial criteria established like 5 or 10 appearances.

Wasn’t Wood only like 4 apps (in half a season)? And by all accounts that purchase went through in July 1. If Chelsea are happy booking the income in 2024/25 then seems easy enough to structure.

30 minutes ago, andycap said:

I don’t expect him to start 35 games this season.  Probably not even 20. A dozen starts and regular time off the bench I see unless an injury forced him to play much more. 

16 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

Can’t help but laugh at the language UEFA uses here. Just begging for loopholes and debate.

Here’s the full thing: 

“Loan of a player from the lender club to the new club with a conditional obligation to buy:

- If a condition is considered to be virtually certain, then the player’s registration must be recognised by both clubs as a permanent transfer from the inception of the loan agreement. 

- If the fulfilment of a condition cannot be assessed with sufficient certainty to trigger the permanent transfer from the inception of the loan, then the player’s registration must be recognised first as a loan and then as a permanent transfer once the condition is met.”

So really it depends on where the line is with “virtually certain.” I’m guessing there’s an unofficial criteria established like 5 or 10 appearances.

Wasn’t Wood only like 4 apps (in half a season)? And by all accounts that purchase went through in July 1. If Chelsea are happy booking the income in 2024/25 then seems easy enough to structure.

isn’t there something in terms of wages that we can’t exceed either? So if he is earning £15k a week and is an initial loan with a subsequent contract of £60k then this season we would only be paying £15k a week staying therefore below a wage bill threshold?

32 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Think this'll be the case too both for him and Livramento.

We have 19 PL matches, 5 Cl matches & minimum 1 league cup match first half of this season. Assuming we get past the first stage of the League cup at least that is one game very 5th day between this Saturday and final game of 2023. Even worse second half of the season if we go deep in all competitions.

There's no way 32/33 year old Trippier and 31/32 year old Burn can cope with such a schedule without getting rested here and there if Howe wants them to play at our usual intensity and be able to walk on their own come end of the season and onwards.

Edited by Conjo

Thought this has been best compilation I've seen of him. He's defiantly seems very comfortable playing forward in those midfield positions as well as wide. 

Wouldn't be surprised Howe/Ashworth have identified him as someone that can play that hybrid free-role full back we've seen Pep use with Rico Lewis and Cancelo. Would certainly make our set-up much more fluid if we ever wanted to play a that hybrid style 4-3-3, 3-4-3, 3-2-5 with Trippier-Botman-Burn, then Hall being that wingback that overloads into inside attacking areas.

Edited by Hot Since 1882