Lewis Hall

Paully

I’m really happy with this.

We’ve grabbed two promising young defenders that are versatile and have their 20s ahead of them. 

I imagine Eddie will be slow integrating him, but I’m excited to see what he can bring and how he makes us different.

1 hour ago, Andy84 said:

Is it safe to watch the club interviews 

This one’s more crushingly boring than anything else. Sounds like a lad having a nervous interview for his first job after school, doing filing for a local estate agent. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

Safe to say the "big Newcastle fan" stuff may have been overblown? 😅

Couldn't name a single memorable game and the only player he could name was Shearer even though he's never seen him play. 

I mean I don't blame him, if he was born 2005 then the years in between now and then have been bleak 😂. Could just be nerves for the interview ofcourse.

But presumably his dad is a fan and just told his kids "You support Newcastle and that's that."

4 hours ago, gbandit said:

Similar feelings for me but I was holding onto that last bit of hope that this was a smokescreen for Frimpong. I’ve cancelled my membership and torched all my NUFC kits. Also, spent a considerable sum on some banners, placards and a web domain - “Support Frimpong not the team”

Still fair. Go on yersel bandito. That’ll show ‘em! !

15 minutes ago, Hank Marvin said:

LOUIE LOUIE, STAR BOY
IN THE BLACK & WHITE
AYE AYE AYE AYE

:bluestar:

Creative and catchy 👍 I’ve been trying to get a line from Eton Rifles:  ‘There’s a row going on down in slough…’ translated to a football chant and rhyming with Hall… . It’s not easy Hank. No wonder you just opted for mainly twanging some cat gut. 

Just now, Coffee_Johnny said:

Creative and catchy 👍 I’ve been trying to get a line from Eton Rifles:  ‘There’s a row going on down in slough…’ translated to a football chant and rhyming with Hall… . It’s not easy Hank. No wonder you just opted for mainly twanging some cat gut. 

Try not to use too much energy on this..

Finally! A sweet left foot!

This is the most exciting deal for me this window. Hopefully he continues to develop and impress and makes the LB position his. A dribbler with a fine cross should help the balance in the team a lot.

1 hour ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Brevity seems to be the order of the day on the terraces.

The alcohol doesn't mix with going beyond 10 one or two syllable words [emoji38]

And, unfortunately, these days, most peoples understanding of the Jam starts and ends with Billy Elliot's desire to wear spandex.

2 hours ago, alexf said:

Safe to say the "big Newcastle fan" stuff may have been overblown? 😅

Couldn't name a single memorable game and the only player he could name was Shearer even though he's never seen him play. 

I mean I don't blame him, if he was born 2005 then the years in between now and then have been bleak 😂. Could just be nerves for the interview ofcourse.

But presumably his dad is a fan and just told his kids "You support Newcastle and that's that."

I think his older brother is genuinely a big Toon fan. Not convinced Lewis is. Tbh it's not uncommon for lads who have come through big academies to not really be big football fans.

Edited by ponsaelius

7 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

I think his older brother is genuinely a big Toon fan. Not convinced Lewis is. Tbh it's not uncommon for lads who have come through big academies to not really be big football fans.

Understandable. If football became my job starting at age 13 I certainly wouldn't want to be watching it in all my spare time.

4 minutes ago, oldtype said:

Understandable. If football became my job starting at age 13 I certainly wouldn't want to be watching it in all my spare time.

Indeed. Plus from my experience your allegiances are properly forged when you start going to games with mates etc in teenage years. If you're an academy through that time you're possibly not doing that, and are more likely to have an allegiance to the club you play for - which is always different to being a fan.

Edited by ponsaelius

12 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Aye, the whole academy life must be a bit of a factory. I can get why a lot of the lads would want a bit of something else going on in their life 

2 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Aye, the whole academy life must be a bit of a factory. I can get why a lot of the lads would want a bit of something else going on in their life 

Yup. Football for fans is an escape from everyday life be that school/work/whatever. When your regular routine is playing, training, travelling to games etc - you're unlikely to want to source that same escape.

Edited by ponsaelius

That realisation after going into something with a "Find a career doing something you're passionate about." mindset, only for the reality to set in that you've turned your passion into a job is horrible like. 

I feel like a lot of my generation found that one out the hard way.

9 minutes ago, andycap said:

Until kieran Trippier sorts himself out and realizes we have options to take free kicks and corners we may never see that left peg on deadballs same with tonali. 

:shak:

30 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

He first visited the club when he was three years old? That would have been Mike Ashley's first year in charge of the club. His entire conscious life re: Newcastle football has been misery. Can't blame him in the slightest for being a bit detached.

His brother's first memories would be the Bobby Robson era. Totally different experience.

Edited by 80

25 minutes ago, Mountain said:

For a professional footballer he didn't seem to like watching football

To be fair, in the years when he was growing up, we didn't actually play football, we merely participated in it

The NUFC interviewer must get paid for the amount of times he can get a footballer to say "like i just said." Every interview he does he ignores the answer just given, and then asks a question that will elicit the very same answer. 

Interviewer question 1: [can't be bothered to type it]

Lewis Hall: "the transition phase Newcastle's going through is a big reason for me wanting to join." 

Interviewer: "what are the main reasons for making this move now?"

Lewis Hall: "a few reasons, like i said, the transition phase we're going through right now. Like I said before..."

It's just disgusting to listen to.