Lewis Hall

Paully

Really don't understand why he's here, I keep thinking it's down to a number of games will trigger the move or something daft, and maybe they've changed their minds on him.

We're playing a RB in his position over him, and if Dan Burn was available from next week, Hall would be behind both players.

Unusual.

1 minute ago, mighty__mag said:

Really don't understand why he's here, I keep thinking it's down to a number of games will trigger the move or something daft, and maybe they've changed their minds on him.

We're playing a RB in his position over him, and if Dan Burn was available from next week, Hall would be behind both players.

Unusual.

Just out and out bizarre to me as well.

Think it’s just down to Howe’s management style on bringing players through, especially young ones. Unless they come in and perform unbelievably like Tino has or Botman then I think he’s super cautious. We saw that it took Gordon the off season to get up to speed physically I imagine that Hall’s just not showing the fitness numbers in training that Howe’s looking for. I do think we’ll see a lot more of Hall from now on. If we don’t see him play a lot more from January - May then the situation definitely does become odd

13 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Am I the only one who finds this tone strange from Eddie? He's so relentlessly positive on players even (and especially) when they play terribly.

If there really isn't some sort of games-requirement in the contract, and Eddie is being genuine, I find the whole thing quite strange

1 hour ago, Upthemags said:

Am I the only one who finds this tone strange from Eddie? He's so relentlessly positive on players even (and especially) when they play terribly.

If there really isn't some sort of games-requirement in the contract, and Eddie is being genuine, I find the whole thing quite strange

Been saying this for ages. There's definitely something there.

1 hour ago, gbandit said:

Think it’s just down to Howe’s management style on bringing players through, especially young ones. Unless they come in and perform unbelievably like Tino has or Botman then I think he’s super cautious. We saw that it took Gordon the off season to get up to speed physically I imagine that Hall’s just not showing the fitness numbers in training that Howe’s looking for. I do think we’ll see a lot more of Hall from now on. If we don’t see him play a lot more from January - May then the situation definitely does become odd

Gordon played consistently last season, also Howe wasn’t making un-Howe-like comments in pressers about him.  He’s also playing 17 YO Lewis Miley regularly in MF, despite Hall also being capable of playing there.

It does feel like there’s a rabbit off of this one at the moment.  You’re right to take the longer-term view, though. 

Hall started 2 games at LB and then was substituted due to poor performance am I right? Not trusted. Tino came in and balled out. Trusted. 

I don’t find it strange at all. 

50/50 on Hall starting Fulham.  If he plays well, like properly well - he’ll get a lot more minutes. If he’s not good.. he’ll sit on the bench a lot and play in the FA Cup.  

Everyrhing I’ve read about the obligation is that it is a formality and no indication that it’s based on appearances. 

In short it’s Howe being Howe.  

Edited by The College Dropout

29 minutes ago, Beth said:

It's clear as day we don't fancy him and the lack of game time is to avoid triggering a permanent deal.

Bringing him off the bench is still an appearance - and from memory, it was something like one match to trigger the permanent move.  It was an FFP fiddle, not a genuine option.  

5 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Hall started 2 games at LB and then was substituted due to poor performance am I right? Not trusted. Tino came in and balled out. Trusted. 

50/50 on Hall starting Fulham.  If he plays well, like properly well - he’ll get a lot more minutes. If he’s not good.. he’ll sit on the bench a lot and play in the FA Cup.  

Everyrhing I’ve read about the obligation is that it is a formality and no indication that it’s based on appearances. 

Yeah we buy him regardless. I think what Howe is saying is that he hasn't shown him why to start him ahead of trippier or livra, but that's not really what we need right now. We need to have others in even if the performance might not merit it fully. 

Fulham are in high spirits, won't be an easy game, and I can't see us keeping a clean sheet unless we get longstaff back. 

20 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

If that was the case, I doubt he'd have been coming on today.

14 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Bringing him off the bench is still an appearance - and from memory, it was something like one match to trigger the permanent move.  It was an FFP fiddle, not a genuine option.  

We'll find out soon enough.

12 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Yeah we buy him regardless. I think what Howe is saying is that he hasn't shown him why to start him ahead of trippier or livra, but that's not really what we need right now. We need to have others in even if the performance might not merit it fully. 

Fulham are in high spirits, won't be an easy game, and I can't see us keeping a clean sheet unless we get longstaff back. 

Thats never been Howe’s style though.  Players have to earn minutes under him.  This might make him change style but I doubt it. We’ll just buy more players he’s willing to use and more players have earned his trust already this season.  

Last season when we had slumps in form or players looked tired or has multiple bad games. Unless there was a trusted player deputising, the players kept their place.  Eg Dan Burn multiple poor performances or poor 60 minutes. Dude was never getting subbed. I stopped expecting or hoping for it. 

4 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Thats never been Howe’s style though.  Players have to earn minutes under him.  This might make him change style but I doubt it. We’ll just buy more players he’s willing to use and more players have earned his trust already this season.  

Last season when we had slumps in form or players looked tired or has multiple bad games. Unless there was a trusted player deputising, the players kept their place.  Eg Dan Burn multiple poor performances or poor 60 minutes. Dude was never getting subbed. I stopped expecting or hoping for it. 

I wouldn't say they have to earn minutes but they do have to be ready, physically and mindset, that goes for Bruno, Botman et al. Tonali only started the started due to Longstaff and Willock being out. Isak because Wilson was out.

Halls a talented kid but's still just getting to terms with what we want/need.

9 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Said after everton this problem exists more now, as he doesn't have the experience of European football and the toll it brings (he may need to trade off that earn every min and be 100% ready, especially atm) but next season and from there on he'll have better players to choose from. Plus, all tge young lads like hall are a year further on and could be a different beast entirely.

Shame we can't spin on a couple of seasons. 100% set too high a bar getting CL at tge 1st attempt, then getting a group like that, plus other nails cup draws. Some softer games and we could have rotated more. 

49 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

pretty sure it stated ‘based on appearances’ or similar when we signed him.

Think he's just another player going through his own process with us and, just like with other players who've come in and not hit the ground running, the same questions will be asked. 

Really don't have any concerns tbh. It would be ideal to have a ready made left back worth £70m plus, but because we can't do that, getting one in who's widely tipped to be that in a year or two is the next best thing.