Lewis Hall

Paully

8 minutes ago, WideopenMag said:

I really don't understand his thinking in giving Matt Ritchie any minutes what so ever.

We know Ritchie is good around the group and must be a decent trainer. He’s also been a player Howe likes and trusts.  
You can’t say any of those things for Lewis Hall.  

Im not agreeing with the decision.  But I do understand. 

3 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

We know Ritchie is good around the group and must be a decent trainer. He’s also been a player Howe likes and trusts.  
You can’t say any of those things for Lewis Hall.  

Im not agreeing with the decision.  But I do understand. 

Aye unfortunately he's a player who can't run not the team mascot 

Edited by WideopenMag

Having last week been understanding of the reasons Hall hasn’t had much game time due to certain game circumstances etc and also in turn the rare few minutes going to Ritchie I have to say I was surprised he didn’t get any game time at a ground and surroundings he’d be very comfortable in. Thought he’d come on for the injured Gordon or at very least the tiring Almiron.

I read somewhere that it depends on where we finish in the league that it’s made permanent. So the performance conditions are team based rather than individual 🤷‍♂️ Maybe a FFP thing with us sailing close to the wind with it.

Again, keeping players around who are highly paid mascots, bite us on the arse. I said in the summer I've no issue with them staying, but it's on the books as staff, on staff wages and to free up a squad space. 

Edited by Dokko

5 hours ago, LFEE said:

Having last week been understanding of the reasons Hall hasn’t had much game time due to certain game circumstances etc and also in turn the rare few minutes going to Ritchie I have to say I was surprised he didn’t get any game time at a ground and surroundings he’d be very comfortable in. Thought he’d come on for the injured Gordon or at very least the tiring Almiron.

I read somewhere that it depends on where we finish in the league that it’s made permanent. So the performance conditions are team based rather than individual 🤷‍♂️ Maybe a FFP thing with us sailing close to the wind with it.

At the time it sounded like a formality eg remaining in the PL.  could perhaps be a European place but I doubt that. 

Fabrizio Romano

@FabrizioRomano

·

4h

Eddie Howe on Lewis Hall deal: “Chances of Hall staying at the club on long-term? Absolutely”. “His transfer is complicated and he hasn’t quite hit the criteria. But he’s part of our long term plans, he’s working well”.

1M

UTDCATALYST

@Schweiney3145

I thought he's on a two year loan deal from Chelsea?

10:46 AM · Dec 22, 2023

One year plus obligation to buy when some clauses are met

On 20/12/2023 at 14:19, Dokko said:

Again, keeping players around who are highly paid mascots, bite us on the arse. I said in the summer I've no issue with them staying, but it's on the books as staff, on staff wages and to free up a squad space. 

True, but I’m sure that will happen soon. There was always a limit to the number of players we would sign in the time since the takeover. 

On Hall, surely we want to sign him, he’s a highly rated young player who it looks like we got a good deal on. 

I think because some young players have come on surprisingly well this season it’s tempting to think that all of them should be held to the same standard. 

6 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

Full back is quite a challenging role to learn as it's about learning the balance of attack and defence.

Especially in Eddie's system

Yes, and I think it’s been said that Lewis is a more attacking than defensive fullback so maybe they’re working on that balance. Think he’d do a job in midfield too. Good prospect for the near future.

2 hours ago, PauloGeordio said:

Yes, and I think it’s been said that Lewis is a more attacking than defensive fullback so maybe they’re working on that balance. Think he’d do a job in midfield too. Good prospect for the near future.

Yep I agree, if this was Keegan's entertainers he'd have been in more but our fullbacks have very specific instructions, especially the leftback if trippier is right.

I remember seeing Burn having a few dodgy games last season and I was wondering for ages why Targett wasn’t getting on the pitch. Then he did and within about 5 minutes I could see why Eddie was picking Burn ahead of him.

I guess if Hall isn’t playing, the reality is that he’s just not up to it yet. It’s something I have to tell myself. EH will know when a player can effectively contribute.

This is a major stretch but…

I read somewhere that loans with conditions that would obviously be met would be treated as a loan with an obligation to buy.  Therefore from an ffp perspective the money would be allocated to the accounting period when the club signed the loan.  Maybe the conditions of the loan were reviewed after he signed and we were warned that the premier league thought his would obviously be met. So we’re trying to show this is not the case.  As I said a major stretch but I just don’t understand his omission from the Chelsea game. 

8 hours ago, relámpago blanco said:

Full back is quite a challenging role to learn as it's about learning the balance of attack and defence.

Especially in Eddie's system

Not sure about that, he could just play like Burn does and just defend in his own half.

Can't see us not signing him, despite whatever appears to be going on it would go completely against Eddie's thing of not wanting to loan anyone without it being a long term signing.

The kid is talented, anyone would know that having watched him against us for Chelsea and in his minutes here. I do get the whole save the money for ffp as we have other areas of the pitch to deal with, but it must be a long term approach were taking, Howe will have a plan this won't just be a well that kids available let's just get him for no reason whatsoever, a dream would've been sold to him.

Will be a player we all love in years to come and a toon fan to go with it, everyone should be excited. Every chance he's here for a very long time!

He's what, 18/19? People develop differently. He was getting games at Chelsea because they were a poorly managed side and he was the only bright spark in a sea of shit. Eddie is trying to help him become a better player. That is invaluable. Gordon had the same trajectory - he didn't make an impact for 6 months and now he's basically undroppable.  

He'll come good and when he does, he will be another secret weapon!