Lewis Hall

Paully

There’s clearly parts of his game defensively that Eddie doesn’t fully trust. At 3-1 down it didn’t matter if we conceded a 4th.

But hopefully this is a turning point.

Even though Gordon ended up going off, before that it was so refreshing to see the utility of two guys on the flank with real attacking ability playing off each other. Much more difficult for opposing back line to deal with

Edit to add Barnes as well

Edited by Upthemags

I don't know how this can even be a debate anymore. Fingers crossed we see at least one silver lining from this latest cloud of injuries. 

No excuse for him to not start next match. Looked good when he came on. Krafth over him is criminal. I honestly don’t want to see Burn at LB ever again. I love him but let’s use him as our 3/4th CB 

3 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

There’s clearly parts of his game defensively that Eddie doesn’t fully trust

Not saying you're wrong, but that argument would hold more water for me if the rest of our "trusted" defenders weren't turning in catastrophic performances week in week out

If that's been Howe's thinking, it doesn't really make much sense

2 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

I think Howe learnt something after today.

hopefully. Miley earned Howe’s trust rather quickly (albeit during an injury crisis at CM) Tino was in and out of the squad after some good performances. I don’t know what Howe does on Tuesday lol. Hard to read if he is more concerned with the structure and familiarity that burn brings. Just trusting him more. Would be harsh not to give Hall the start. 

He will play when he's ready. Pretty certain he is looking so much better now, due to the work they've done with him.

This idea they're just refusing to play him despite how good he is, is farcical.

2 minutes ago, Andy said:

Not saying you're wrong, but that argument would hold more water for me if the rest of our "trusted" defenders weren't turning in catastrophic performances week in week out

If that's been Howe's thinking, it doesn't really make much sense

I agree the situation is weird and the whole thing is hard to judge without the transfer details.

But I think, similar to Miley, the main deficiencies are things most people wouldn’t pick up on. Things away from the ball and in space. Things more exposed in a back four vs back five.

And, for better or worse, factors that have nothing to do with him or Tino, but things that Eddie thinks Burn provides that the others can’t.

I think we need to be a bit careful around expectations with him still but his time has come to get in the XI. Playing wing back against City and coming on against a West Ham with, imo, some questionable fitness is one thing. 

He's undoubtedly a very talented footballer though. Really, really looking forward to seeing more of him.

His off the ball discipline is obviously something we've been worried about but on the ball he's got loads of quality and I think he's shown that pretty much every time he's played.

24 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

Maybe Eddie knows what he's doing with this lad eh?

I mean, I don't think he'd have got near the pitch had Tino not been injured :lol:

Delighted for him, looked good today. By all accounts the deal is gonna be made permanent so just have to hope he keeps making strides and gaining Howe's confidence.

9 minutes ago, Shak said:

I mean, I don't think he'd have got near the pitch had Tino not been injured :lol:

Delighted for him, looked good today. By all accounts the deal is gonna be made permanent so just have to hope he keeps making strides and gaining Howe's confidence.

I think we're all in agreement he needs a run in the team at this point. 

Hopefully the time on the training field means when he comes in he's going to hit the ground running. 

It's been a bit of a weird one but I'm going to assume Howe knows better than I do but the difference with him and Barnes on the left was night and day and surely can't be ignored. 

2 minutes ago, Cf said:

I think we're all in agreement he needs a run in the team at this point. 

Hopefully the time on the training field means when he comes in he's going to hit the ground running. 

It's been a bit of a weird one but I'm going to assume Howe knows better than I do but the difference with him and Barnes on the left was night and day and surely can't be ignored. 

Probably start net game and get injured for 6 weeks.

1 minute ago, Matt1892 said:

Bizarre decision to bring Krafth on in the first half than Hall, everything he does with the ball is tidy.

At least Eddie realised it wasn't right and rectified it. 

Bit harsh subbing a sub but he did it when needed. 

Looked very good today, hope to see some more positive cameos over the rest of the season, and then to build on in future. He is still a work in progress and it could be a few more years before he fulfils his potential.

let’s treat him with kindness if he does follow up with a mistake somewhere down the line.