Lewis Hall

Paully

4 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Looks a player like 

Very impressive especially considering his age. Still looks a tad nervous which is understandable. Doesn’t want to mess up and may be in “don’t fuck up” mode rather than playing instinctively. 

The only thing I see that stands out is his timing on forward runs or overlapping runs. He seems very eager to get forward which is good but he does get caught 1-2 steps behind when it is time to come back. Just need to have more positional IQ and sprint back anticipating that the ball may find his man. Totally understandable for a 19 year old LB with only a few matches played. 

I was gutted when he went down with the rib issue. Hope to see him back out for the second half. Could easily have had an assist from that cross also. 

Hopefully when he does fuck up, we don't write him off. Burn at CB only from now on please.

Ps...not watching just following the thread and sound like both are settling nicely which is great. 

2 minutes ago, Smal said:

Most touches on the pitch in the first half btw 

Screenshot2024-04-02at20_31_27.thumb.png.b3962c812d69c5a5be478985e93b1e4d.png

Tbf most of that is because burn can’t pick a pass and he’s been using Hall as an outlet. Still impressive though and good to see him so involved 

1 minute ago, Sufi said:

Tbf most of that is because burn can’t pick a pass and he’s been using Hall as an outlet. Still impressive though and good to see him so involved 

Hopefully a nice partnership with Hall being the outlet and legs, with burn having his back and covering. Need to watch Burn doesn't get pulled to far from position though.

I really like him, he’s one of the best passers in the entire team. Not convinced he’s there as a LB yet but he needs more games there and he’s well ahead of Burn at LB for me

Give him a run in the team until the end of the season, let him find his feet (assuming they haven't fell off). Looks a talent and just needs some experience in the position, he has all the attributes to be a top full back. 

Thought he was playing well within himself tbh, but we missed him when he went off. Not spectacular, but a decent solid performance.

Looked a bit lost and unsure defensively at times. But it was a positive performance overall, I thought. His touch and passing is better than most of our first team regulars. 

Few players need to get on his wavelength like, doesn't always pick the obvious pass and a couple of times we gave possession away with players still on their heels.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

Thought he did decent tonight.. hopefully it will give him some confidence going forward and gives Eddie some faith as regards starting him.

Confirmed - Hall has torn his left sided internal oblique muscle. Surgery required. Expected back in September.

That's what I'm expecting Craig Hope to tweet tomorrow.

Obviously we can see he's a talent going forward but he's looking alright defensively, too. Certainly not glaringly out of place imo. It helps if he gets covered when he bombs on which Burn did well tonight.

He's clearly got recovery pace too so once he's more used to his role him and Tino taking turns either side could be fucking electric long term. 

5 minutes ago, Turnbull2000 said:

Confirmed - Hall has torn his left sided internal oblique muscle. Surgery required. Expected back in September.

That's what I'm expecting Craig Hope to tweet tomorrow.

Looks very good in the ball , we’ve got a player here 

Edited by Ronson333