Lewis Hall

Paully

1 minute ago, Dr Jinx said:

The transfer thread on the Liverpool forum is a very funny read.. the Premier League’s “flat earthers”

The conspiracy is that we’re helping Chelsea out with their FFP by offering way over the odds for a “bang average player” ?

He's no 30 year old nobody from the Bundesliga but hey...

4 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

If I was the level his brother was at and it was my only chance to play at SJP, then yeah.

Fair point. Would you rather knock Newcastle out with the game of your life at SJP or beat sunderland at home at your random lower league grund? 

Just now, Nobody said:

In my hypothetical scenario, beating Sunderland actually means something :lol:

I'd rather not be a Ronnie Radford/Graham Fenton so Sunderland every time.

Edited by Skeletor

51 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Can recall him being just about the only Chelsea player in the home game last season to produce anything remotely like a reasonable performance but can't say I recall him at all otherwise during the season. Plenty lowie as well though maybe the going rate for a promising youngun. Canny if it happens

Exactly what I thought when I saw him in that game. Bring him home :indi:

2 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Lewis, along with his brother Connor, grew up supporting Newcastle United. This stems from their father, Colin, whom is originally from the North East region.

interesting. 

Fake Surprised Season 8 GIF by Friends

So reports are that we had bid earlier and got rebuffed by Chelsea, but being patient paid off as Chelsea kept splurging and so he became available.

Never thought I'd see the day we'd operate so well with recruitment. Unbelievable.

Unreal that his family is originally from Newcastle too. Incredible really.

I'd definitely be up for this signing if we pull it off. I wasn't sure if it was just a Twitter 'ITK' taking the piss that his dad was a Geordie and his family are Newcastle fans, but the fact it's true definitely makes it more special and authentic, and a bit of a feel good story. Would be disappointed now if it didn't happen.

Some Chelsea fans on Redcafe - https://www.redcafe.net/threads/lewis-hall-chelsea-player-palace-loan.477291/page-3

I think he is going to be great to be honest but the blow has been softened in my eyes after hearing he's a boyhood Newcastle fan.
If I developed at another club and Chelsea came in for me I'm making that move, can't really begrudge him for doing the same.

1 hour ago, Mike said:

My question is... :lol: Why is he a Newcastle fan. He's 18.

If it's anything like my experience, he was told he supported Newcastle and that was that. At least I got to see Shearer for a bit though :lol:

1 hour ago, Dr Jinx said:

The transfer thread on the Liverpool forum is a very funny read.. the Premier League’s “flat earthers”

The conspiracy is that we’re helping Chelsea out with their FFP by offering way over the odds for a “bang average player” ?

The same people who will refuse to credit us when we finally win something; accusing us of being success.

They are a proper, proper weird bunch. Liverpool FC is a cult, weirdest fans around.