Lewis Hall

Paully

2 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Just the synical in me but I just can’t see Chelsea selling to us.

Deal seems close, can't imagine we'd be that far along now if they had no intention of selling him to us. They sold Havertz to Arsenal and Kovacic to City, don't see why they wouldn't give us Lewis Hall. It's probably only us who can stump up the cash for him as well and they're getting pretty close to being desperate to needing to sell some players.

34 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

We need to start some sort of Eddie Howe Press Conference Bingo.

This is up there in the Top 5 things most likely to happen. Along with someone asking if he's seen that Tonali has been to Wetherspoons and the seaside.

And him responding that he's not managed to get there himself as he pretty much lives between home and the training ground, but he's happy the players are getting out to explore the area as feeling settled can only help them on the pitch.

7 hours ago, Mike said:

I can imagine him as a young lad watching us on the telly beat Manchester United 3-0 and beating Chelsea 2-0. Getting 5th and a wonderful EL run as well. That quarter final lads. So close. 
Could possibly be what inspired the lad to become a footballer in the first place. I hope young Eddie sees the potential and signs him. You’re welcome. The King never misses. 
Think I’ll go for a big lunch today. 

See ya later. 

2 minutes ago, SteV said:

He’s clearly not at the minute, or he’d be starting ahead of him, but give it 2 or 3 years…

Definitely not but certainly a higher ceiling and would be on lower wages so clearly fits the bill at the minute. Signing half of the England under 21s at the minute.

I'm a Tierney fan, but I'm warming to this idea now. I thought this rumour was a bit far-fetched, partly because we seemed to be the only club in for him. I also couldn't see why Chelsea should sell him to a rival.

However, there is a Newcastle connection - I see from Wiki (Yeah, I know) that his Dad was a Geordie and the lad grew up supporting the Toon. Also Chelsea have previous in selling to rivals. Their strategy still seems to be incredibly random.

Just now, Alan Pardew said:

I can imagine him as a young lad watching us on the telly beat Manchester United 3-0 and beating Chelsea 2-0. Getting 5th and a wonderful EL run as well. That quarter final lads. So close. 
Could possibly be what inspired the lad to become a footballer in the first place. I hope young Eddie sees the potential and signs him. You’re welcome. The King never misses. 
Think I’ll go for a big lunch today. 

See ya later. 

I think it was out gutsy displays in losing 3-0 to Sunderland and 6-0 to Liverpool in consecutive home games that really sold the dream to him.

5 minutes ago, SteV said:

He’s clearly not at the minute, or he’d be starting ahead of him, but give it 2 or 3 years…

Chilwell is one of the best left-backs in the world imo. If he gets anywhere near him then he’ll have done very well and the 30-35m is a no brainer.

Definitely has a lot of talent though. We’ve seen with players like Lavia that if you get an underutilized youth player from a top, top academy then the upsides can be huge.

6 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Was Cucu the smokescreen? If so, canny funny they're continuing to leverage Baldwards' desperation to be relevant.

I can just see him sweating over whether to use any of the info they're feeding him, knowing it's likely bollocks but then remembering he's got fuck all else. :lol:

1 minute ago, wormy said:

I can just see him sweating over whether to use any of the info they're feeding him, knowing it's likely bollocks but then remembering he's got fuck all else. :lol:

Sad Happy Hour GIF

minus the hair

1 minute ago, mouldy_uk said:

Imagine a LB that can overlap

Curb Your Enthusiasm Omg GIF

And that can come inside and cover CM and could play as LWB. 

Easy decision for Ashworth and Howe when this opportunity came up I would imagine.

For a layman like me, is he more attacking quality than defensive? I'm seeing a lot of praise for forward-thinking skills but not sure what his defensive ceiling is considered to be.

Seems a marked change if so, having a full back like that on both sides? I guess even if that's the case that's where Eddie's impeccable tactical and training nous comes in so everyone knows their role and when.