Newcastle United vs. Liverpool: 27/08/23 @ 16:30 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

If there is a rivalry, I don’t think it’s been cooked up by us. Klopp seemed to think we have something personal against him since that time we played them under Rafa. The takeover has only heightened Klopp’s feelings towards us.

3 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

If there is a rivalry, I don’t think it’s been cooked up by us. Klopp seemed to think we have something personal against him since that time we played them under Rafa. The takeover has only heightened Klopp’s feelings towards us.

Who gives a fuck about that nonce.

I can't say I've noticed the word "rivalry" much on here. People just dislike Liverpool.

My own reasons for this are

Repeated diving and other cheating (Gerrard getting Bowyer sent off etc.) in this fixture 

European Super League, trying to block our takeover, and other closed shop type behaviour.

Ridiculously high number of ex-Liverpool pundits blurting on about them all the time with zero impartiality.

Klopp nonstop whinging in the past two or three years. Before that he was okay.

28 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

But this then makes me think they have a point, we have cooked up a fake rivalry.

Why do we feel like we need it?

Keegan slumped over the advertising boards in disbelieve and disappointment! A rivalry and contest that the media promoted from there on in! 

image.jpeg.839b855bbd0c001c80d16ccaaa40f707.jpeg

A game billed as  “the premier league greatest game” 

Edited by PauloGeordio

There's no rivalry, Klipperty does nothing but antagonise us, most of the time without prompt and when we're not even involved in the situation. Add that to the away game last season where we all felt hard done by with the dodgy offside call and the extra minutes added at the end of injury time to allow them to score, followed by the travesty of the home game, we owe them! 

I think there's just too many bad memories for us in these matches which always come to a head when we meet. They did the double over us last season, there's the Keegan-era games, Howe's record against them, there's been controversy etc... it all blends in to an irritation. Significant victories against them seem a while ago now, think the last one at SJP was back in the relegation season of 2015/16? 

I just want today to be cathartic - the confidence we'll gain from a win will be immense. And, considering our opening fixtures, 6 points from 9 would represent a decent start for me. 

But it's easy to talk the talk... hopefully we can bring on what we did v Villa. 

1 minute ago, Ronson333 said:

They don’t like our hostile atmosphere…Actually they are intimidated by it. Let’s give it to them and blast them away today.

Crowd so important today! Every game they are  but games like this they can really make a difference. Bear pit please! 

There's definitely no rivalry with Newcastle and Liverpool [emoji38]

Liverpool and Man Utd absolutely, once upon a time Wenger and Ferguson created a new rivalry between Man Utd and Arsenal, all the the rest I consider local rivalries or derby's.

As things stand I don't think we have a real rival or hatred toward a particular club.

I did feel animosity toward Villa, only based on their antagonist approach with their unnecessary banners and poking fun during relegation.