Newcastle United 1-2 Liverpool (27/08/23)

Yorkie

I hate Liverpool so so much, just never felt safe even after 1-0 as Nunez came on. The only time he hits the target is against us. 2 shots on goal and 2 goals. All our forwards can learn a thing or two though. We never needed to rush it, just make sensible decisions in attack, and we kept fluffing it or shooting when there was no need.

Have to say the decision to take Tonali off here was so poor from Howe.

If I had a mild criticism of Howe, rather tactics it would be that I was anticipating exactly those subs at exactly those moments - and if I’m anticipating it, Klopp will definitely anticipate it.  Sometimes the subs seemed to be made regardless of what’s happening in front of us.  Ah well, one of those days - we’ll win more than we lose this season.  

1 minute ago, El Prontonise said:

He made a mistake like every other manager.  Get over it 

Well I'm not exactly saying he's super shit and worse than Bruce am I? I'm just saying he fucked it today, which he did. Fuck is wrong with that?

1 minute ago, St1pe said:

Darwin always looks good when we play them. Deadly. 

Hate losing to them but we fucked it up for ourselves. 

Because we’ve got the slowest backline in the league by a mile and haven’t addressed it. Nunez thrives on space in behind. When he doesn’t have that he’s bang average. 

3 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Love how Burn is copping the blame for the Liverpool winner, when it was a brainless half-arsed pass which caught the back line pushing up

Bruno is surely to to blame too, not going to say anything about that. 

Liverpool were great with 10 men. But Howe has not got this Newcastle side mentally ready for either Man City or Liverpool. Obsequious performances. Understandable against Man City. Against Liverpool, pretty embarrassing - and that's before they're a goal and a man down.

Pope - 4

Trippier - 6.5

Botman - 6

Schar - 7

Burn - 6.5

Miggy - 5

Gordon - 8

Bruno - 5

Joelinton - 5

Isak - 5

Wilson - 5.5

Barnes - 5

Howe - 2

The footballing emotions high, but seriously, what a ridiculous waste of an opportunity to exercise that Liverpool demon.

Absolutely no need for us to have 3 men in defence for pretty much the whole game. It nearly caught us out in the 1st half, and Nunez had the pace to get that yard ahead of them when we should have just kept 4 at the back.

You can’t say Liverpool deserved, we may never have created much in the 2nd half, but we still created more than they did. It was the ultimate smash and grab from them, and no I don’t think it was a Klopp masterstroke, luck just fell their way.

Disappointing that TAA wasn’t sent off, 9 men would have been brutal for them. Also all the 50/50’s went their way again.

Yet more of Klopp being a prick on the touchline and nothing happening. VVD needs an extended ban for abusing the officials.

As ever these cunts get the luck, but they are far from the same team they were a few years ago, and they are well and truly on the downward spiral.

If losing like that today forces the team to take a long hard look at their mentality vs the other big teams in this division, then this will benefit us in the long run. Betweeen City last week and today our mindset against the teams we'd like to consider our rivals is really really lacking.

2 minutes ago, Stottie said:

70-80% good and 20-30% absolute disaster + flashes of true quality from Nunez that decided what should have been an easy match. It would be nice to see Nunez do it against someone else and not just us.

This one's going to hurt. Stay off social media.

No FFP and I think we win this match. We came close and could have won anyway with better game management, but we came up just one body short. Stronger in just one position and we get a second.

Well they had a body short, and still deservedly and confidently beat us. That match was nothing to do with FFP. Was just crap from manager in particular and players.